One of those days.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Today was the day I decided to visit the Wilderness Gathering for the first time. I left the house at 07:45 and a few minutes after getting in the car experienced a particulary painfull bout of trapped wind. I eventually arrived at the Gathering for around 09:00, drove in paid my money, parked and was just putting my camera on my belt when I was notified that that parking area was for disabled drivers, no problems, did up my belt, and moved.
Ten minutes later, just as I walked into the traders field I get a phone call, I am needed at work :mad:
I quickly say Hi to Kevin Endicott and co in their tent, nip over to the backpackinglight stand and give into temptation and buy a Mini Peak II tent with a free collapsable pole and one of their stainless trivets and drive back to Bristol.
As I get on with the Job, I reach for my trusted partner of nine years, my Leatherman charge ti. Nothing there. Sudden cold flush and a flashback to the Gathering, undoing my belt to put the camera on and placing the tool on the roof, just before being asked to move.
Feeling sick to the stomach, I finish the job and call the farm in the hope that someone may have found it and handed it in, no such luck but they would keep an eye out.
In a fit of desperation, I drive backout there, asking again at the reception tent, and proceed to walk out the route I drove in vain hope of finding my Leatherman. No luck. I hang around a while longer, chatting to Kevin, look at Duncans wares (Dorset Woodland Blades) and drool over a XL camp Nessy, which I can now ill afford as I need to replace my partner, although nothing will replace the sentimental value attached to it. I have little hope it will be found, or handed in, But if anyone does find a Titanium Leatherman Charge in a Black leather pouch, please contact me, you will be rewarded.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Now that's a bad day. Best of luck, and hope you get it back.

I've done the 'put it on the roof of the car and drive off' trick a few times. Last time was with my wallet, in a remote country lane.

It was found by an off-duty policeman the same day and handed in for me to collect. :)

Without the £20 note that had been inside it. :(

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Well my recent visit to Wales has cost me ... One snapped steel tent pole (yes the wind was that bad) two snapped plastic tent pegs, one camp chair fell to bits, one air bed punctured and deflated, one pair of sandals straps busted. The redeeming factor in this is my charity shop Argos Tiger Paws tent stood up to everything and then some.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Well my recent visit to Wales has cost me ... One snapped steel tent pole (yes the wind was that bad) two snapped plastic tent pegs, one camp chair fell to bits, one air bed punctured and deflated, one pair of sandals straps busted.

Sounds like a wild party.

Or a normal night out in Swansea...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE