One of those days....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Ever had one of those days when nothing seems to fall your way?

I thought i would treat myself yesterday to a new tool, i don't need a new knife, but its been a very rough few months and a bit of retail therapy always helps.

First stop the Bushcraft Store to get a Wolverine folding Puukko which ive always liked the look of, the website said out of stock so i emailed them and found out it was discontinued, then i went to Moonraker, saw the Enzo (Brisa) Elver which ive wanted for ages, out of stock (out of stock everywhere as well), so thought ok i'll get me an Enzo (Brisa) Birk folder, out of stock, can you see a pattern lol, so ok i'll have a look at fixed blade Puukkos, saw the Polar 80, out of stock and so it went on everything i liked the look of was out of stock, in the end i gave up lol.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

I thought i would treat myself yesterday to a new tool, i don't need a new knife, but its been a very rough few months and a bit of retail therapy always helps.

First stop the Bushcraft Store to get a Wolverine folding Puukko which ive always liked the look of, the website said out of stock so i emailed them and found out it was discontinued, then i went to Moonraker, saw the Enzo (Brisa) Elver which ive wanted for ages, out of stock (out of stock everywhere as well), so thought ok i'll get me an Enzo (Brisa) Birk folder, out of stock, can you see a pattern lol, so ok i'll have a look at fixed blade Puukkos, saw the Polar 80, out of stock and so it went on everything i liked the look of was out of stock, in the end i gave up lol.

Read the signs.

This is the Knife Gods telling you these are not the knives for you..

The chosen one will present itself shortly..

#keepthefaith.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I find it annoying when there's no filter for out of stock items on a website. I'm also annoyed that a knife I ordered in December turned out to be out of stock and now it's back in stock but £10 dearer. Ho hum.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's the frustration upon frustration upon frustration.
It gets depressing, and I admit I get ill tempered about it, especially when I think that it's a rip off and misleading.
They don't have it in stock, but, "come and see what else we have !!", and later when it is in stock, the price has gone up by twice the rate of inflation.

I tell you though, it's surprising how much spare cash you find you have when you don't buy stuff :D

M

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
It's the frustration upon frustration upon frustration.
It gets depressing, and I admit I get ill tempered about it, especially when I think that it's a rip off and misleading.
They don't have it in stock, but, "come and see what else we have !!", and later when it is in stock, the price has gone up by twice the rate of inflation.

I tell you though, it's surprising how much spare cash you find you have when you don't buy stuff :D

M

Yup was getting a bit peeved yesterday, especially if its been discontinued, either remove it from the website or say its discontinued rather than leave it on there with a link saying "contact us to see when this will be back in stock", makes life so much easier, and you are dead right, the cash flow is certainly better when you dont spend, i dont spend hundreds each day lol

Reactions: Toddy

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london

Lol I had one of those days a while back when I was looking backpacks. I took it as a sign that I didn't need anymore.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE