One Mans Story of being out in Bear Country!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A great read but I`ve no sympathy for the guy - and to be honest I feel sorry for the 750lb bear that was simply trying to feed/defend it`s young cubs.
I expect I would probably feel differently about it if I lived in that sort of enviroment where bear attacks are quite common.
It`s like people who condemn sharks for attacking surfers etc - it`s their habitat so if you don`t want to be eaten, don`t go there expecting anything else.

I`ll probably get shot down by some of you guys for this - but hey ho !

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I dont know about shot down your entitled to your own opinion. it is a very good piece of creative writing to build up the vicious, wild, blood lust part of the hungry bear and the bravery and fortitude of the hunter to engage and stir the readers emotions without drawing too much on the mistakes made. this sort of writing certainly sells copies.
Looks to me like a break down in communication by people who should have known better combined with a set of environmental conditions that only shortened the the odds so that any mistake would certainly lead to an inevitable confrontation where both sides suffer a negative out come. not a good day for all concerned.

seamonkey

Forager
Sep 11, 2004
Scotland - Angus
Hmmmm and i quote
"Noticing that some of the fight was going out of her, Gene yelled, “Bear, the Lord’s on my side, so come on!”"

cough load of macho ******** cough

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE