One man tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LennyMac

Jun 10, 2010
Kenley, Surrey
Dear All,

I am currently aquiring information and kit for a proposed trip to the Falklands in early 2012. By all accounts, it is likely to be constantly windy with the possibility of rain and even snow. Whilst I would normally use a 58 pattern poncho to sleep under, my instincts are telling me that it will not be an appropriate option for the Falklands.

As such, I wondered whether anyone has any good advice about one man tents on the market. I will be hiking with webbing and a bergan so obviously need to take additional space into account. Money isn't really an object at the moment- possibly up to £300. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Alternately, if a thread already exists, I would appreciate the link.

Cheers.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I throw another option on the table: Wechsel, and in particular the Pathfinder in the Zero G version. http://www.wechsel-tents.de/en/products/dome-tents/pathfinder/

I have one of them and they are incredibly stable (dome tent design) - which is really important in windy conditions.

Also, the fabric and production quality (at least on mine) is superb. Fully siliconised Rip-Stop & Cotton threads etc.

They are expensive though, but when money is no issue, that is a serious contender.

No connections other than being a happy customer.

Mike

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Dear All,
Whilst I would normally use a 58 pattern poncho to sleep under, my instincts are telling me that it will not be an appropriate option for the Falklands.

Why ever not? The British Task Force used 58 patt ponchos in the Falklands, and rumour has it, had a jolly time under the splendid weather protection they provide ;)

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I've got an MSR ZOID 1 that I could probably part with. It's in pretty good nick and whilst I like the little bu**er I do prefer the space of a larger tent as I have continued to expand. Theres reviews on it here

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/reviews/tents/bivvy--one-person/msr-microzoid/3259.html

but if it doesn't tickle your fancy there is a large selection of reviews on that site. Sites not mine, don't run it and other sites are available

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm very fond of my Macpac Microlight... Might be of particular interest for the Falklands because they're very quick easy to put up by yourself even in high winds.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE