One for the West Coast Mafia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
A wee song for Dreadhead, who's sgian dubh I've been working on today, giving it a wee sharpen.

[video=youtube;d3vcEPj65_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3vcEPj65_Q[/video]

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Goatboy, I know that band :) It's Albannach :cool: some of their members used to be Clann an Drumma.
Jamsie's a friend of some of the lads on here :)

I soaked through a dress with sweat dancing to them at a Galgael ceilidh; it's impossible to stand still :D :eek:

Good people, good music :D Best caught live, the drums pound through the blood :)

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Goatboy, I know that band :) It's Albannach :cool: some of their members used to be Clann an Drumma.
Jamsie's a friend of some of the lads on here :)

I soaked through a dress with sweat dancing to them at a Galgael ceilidh; it's impossible to stand still :D :eek:

Good people, good music :D Best caught live, the drums pound through the blood :)

M

Hi Mary,
Aye it's Albannach, never caught them live yet but boy do I want too. I think it's how music in the glens used to be, wild and passionate, none of the White Heather Club twee stuff with a glass of sherry. I think anyone whos been to a rural céiligh knows what we're talking about. Like you say, the drums and pipes just fill the blood and soul.
Posted it whilst sharpening a wee sgian dubh from Dreadhead. Don't know if he likes them but he makes me think of them. (Can you imagine them playing at Comrie Croft at a BBUK party?)
Glad you enjoyed,
Colin.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What a cool band, wouldn't mind catching them sometime when I'm up.

The pipers neck is mental, do all pipers manage to do that?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
He's a wee fellow too :D but by heavens he can make music :D
I think he was a teenager when I first met him.....we were making costume for them.....in a friend's workroom. Big Joe was alive then, and the band was still Clann an Drumma before the split.

I could ask ? I'm sure Andrew and George would be up for it at Comriecroft, and I know Jacquie and could see when/if the band's free?

cheers,
M
No idea what it'd cost though :dunno:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
What a cool band, wouldn't mind catching them sometime when I'm up.

The pipers neck is mental, do all pipers manage to do that?

Suppose it's a bit like Dizzy Gillespie, his cheeks blew up like a bullfrog when he played the trumpet.

Shewie if you like Albannachyou may like Clanadonia too:

[video=youtube;UII8CPnJuro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UII8CPnJuro[/video]

There's also a couple of german pipe bands who do similar stuff whose name escapes me at the moment. Can't listen to too much of this as it really gets me going. Can imagine my Norwegian mercenary forebears who were brought over by the McLeods kicking off to music like this - axe weilding maniacs!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
He's a wee fellow too :D but by heavens he can make music :D
I think he was a teenager when I first met him.....we were making costume for them.....in a friend's workroom. Big Joe was alive then, and the band was still Clann an Drumma before the split.

I could ask ? I'm sure Andrew and George would be up for it at Comriecroft, and I know Jacquie and could see when/if the band's free?

cheers,
M
No idea what it'd cost though :dunno:

Ah Mary, even the thought of that makes me quiver, THAT would be a weekend to remember.:D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ah-ha remembered one of the German bands Corvus Corax:

[video=youtube;ADuCbafqBDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADuCbafqBDQ[/video]

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's Tu-Bardh in Clanadonia, he to used to be Clann an Drumma with Joe and Jacqui and Donnie (the piper).

There's also Saor Patrol, Charlie Allan's band connected with Clanranald Trust.
Oh now, there's an idea :D

atb,
Mary

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh I'd forgotten about Saor Patrol. They are a good band.

[video=youtube;uO3PiNyRXhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3PiNyRXhM[/video]

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
1. The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out it was only an optical Aleutian .

3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.

4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.

5. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

6. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

7. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.

8. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

9. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.

10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

11. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

12. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other: 'You stay here; I'll go on a head.'

13. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

14. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'

15. The midget fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.

16. The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.

17. A backward poet writes inverse.

18. In a democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your count that votes.

19. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.

20. If you jumped off the bridge in Paris, you'd be in Seine .

21. A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at him and says, 'I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger.'

22. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'

23. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

24. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, 'I've lost my electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first replies, 'Yes, I'm positive.'

25. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? His goal: to transcend dental medication.

26. There was
this person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Belzeebob and I were chatting yesterday and this came up as he's had a jeely piece on his walk that day.

[video=youtube;8A7SAPmcwXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7SAPmcwXA[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
We must've all camped with some-one who you've felt like saying to "Gonna no do that."
[video=youtube;8yoOfHfCQ0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yoOfHfCQ0w[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
SwOCw.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Old Sandy McPherson was dying. Tenderly, his wife Maggie knelt by his bedside and asked, 'Anything I can get you, Sandy?'

No reply.

'Have ye no' a last wish, Sandy?'
Faintly, came the answer ... 'A wee bit of yon boiled ham.'

'Wheesht, man,' said Maggie, 'ye ken fine that's for the funeral.'

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE