One for the West Coast Mafia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Heres a welsh one. When I was born my welsh mum announced to my irish aunties that wanted to call me Sian. To which they all look puzzled and said " i thought the baby was a girl, what do want to call her Sean for?"

And guess who's got a new nickname now? ;)

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]
A teacher in a Glasgow school, who was trying to improve the vocabulary of her class, asked the question,
"What is inertia?"
"Largs and Troon ! ", was the reply........:rolleyes: :D

cheers,
Toddy
[/FONT]

That reminds me on an incident related to me by my mate about when they were being given a safety talk upon arriving at a new North Sea platform:

Safety Instructor: "Now...you all have to remember which bunk you're in." points at one of the new crew and asks "You...what bunk are you?"

New crewman (from Aberdeen) "Bunk o' Scotland! Fits that got tae dae wi' onything?"

DM ;)

greasemonkey

Forager
Jun 7, 2008
Cumbernauld
That reminds me on an incident related to me by my mate about when they were being given a safety talk upon arriving at a new North Sea platform:

Safety Instructor: "Now...you all have to remember which bunk you're in." points at one of the new crew and asks "You...what bunk are you?"

New crewman (from Aberdeen) "Bunk o' Scotland! Fits that got tae dae wi' onything?"

DM ;)

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It's like the Aberdonian loon, who on his return from a holiday in France was asked how he liked it, he replied: -

Min it was braw, the treat you reel weel there, when I was asked how many eggs I like for breakfast and I told em "twa", ye'll never gues what, they always brocht me three!!!

GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm getting worried now. I'm going to have to learn a whole new language.

Hey Mikey,

About 20 years ago some wag put together a Dundee Dictionary and it was a hoot, hard to get now. There's a few websites dedicated to Scottish vernacular and this one is pretty good, always remember that when visiting a foriegn land that the locals will appreciate you attempting their language and customs... Though in Dundee the may just " Scud yer puss!" :lmao:

Try here: - http://www.firstfoot.com/dictionary

Lang may yer lum reek

Goatboy.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh I like this post as you may see,

Any Scots... and those of a different ilk may like to read some of the wonderfull books by Bill Duncan, a teacher in Dundee though harking from Fife ( but we wouldnae hold that against him ) he's penned such wonderfull tomes as "The Smiling School for Calvinists", "The Wee Book of Calvin: Air-Kissing in the North-East" and "Together Again".

Give him a try I laugh out loud reading his stuff.

GB

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
A Glasgow man - steaming and skint - is walking down Argyle Street when he spots a guy tinkering with the engine of his car!
'What's up Jimmy?' he asks.
'Piston broke,' he replies.. 'Aye, same as masel... :)

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Wee Glesga wumman goes intae a butchershop, where the butcher has just come out of the freezer, and is standing hands behind his back, with his rear end aimed at an electric fire.

The wee wumman checks out the display case then asks, "Is that yer Ayrshire bacon?"
"Naw," replies the butcher. "It's jist ma haun's Ah'm heatin'."

I've got loads but not many postable here :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE