Old leica camera ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

byron185

Forager
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
FOR SALE IS A LEICA CAMERA ?
THIS WAS ONE OF MY LATE FATHERS SO I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
THIS SEEMS TO BE IN VERY NICE CONDITION THE INSIDE LOOKS CLEAN,IT WINDS ON AND CLICKS WHEN YOU TRY AND TAKE A PICTURE, BUT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS, SO CANT GUARANTEE THAT IT WORKS
BUT IT WOULD MAKE A LOVERLY SHELF QUEEN
NOT SURE IF THIS IS A GENUINE OR A MAKE AS I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THERE ARE LOTS OF RUSSIAN FED FAKES ABOUT
SO TAKING THAT ALL INTO CONSIDERATION I WANT £130 now £100 POSTED UK ONLY now £75
IMG_0040.jpg

P1010058.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010053.jpg

P1010060.jpg

Last edited:

garethw

Settler
Hi there
Sorry to tell you but these cameras are well know as Russian fakes. Leica never made brass bodies. These were made using a Zorki or FED camera and the Leica engraving added...
If you look closely at the quiality compared to a real Leica the difference is obvious...

If you Google it you'll find loads of info on these.

cheers
Gareth

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi there
Sorry to tell you but these cameras are well know as Russian fakes. Leica never made brass bodies. These were made using a Zorki or FED camera and the Leica engraving added...
If you look closely at the quiality compared to a real Leica the difference is obvious...

If you Google it you'll find loads of info on these.

cheers
Gareth

So it hasn't got White Balance compensation and HD video mode??

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
yep the lieca III was brass but with a chrome plating or painted during the war because of lack of chrome so could of been polished off but still just does nt look aswell engineered as a real lieca.....although im no expert so could be wrong

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Looks great. I've got £130 in £13 notes (which may or may not be fake). Let me know where you want 'em posted to

Rat

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
This really does not look kosher.I guess your late father bought it for a laugh
when he was polishing his genuine Leica.
I'd stick it on Ebay as a "replica" if I were you and hope that you never
meet the buyer!!!!
I'd buy it myself but all my £7 notes are still in the dryer. :cool:
Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE