Old boots resoled with car tyre!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
When I was a teenager we all used to wear Blakeys on our soles and heels to make our foot wear last that little bit longer. I see they are still being made here in blighty. This thread has inspired me to buy a set for my boots so they last that bit longer as I doubt my Mrs would be to keen on a full tyre based repair.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Brilliant post.

I had a some glue posted to me by a chap on ebay which was supposed to be good for sole repairs and it just came straight off so I nailed them on in the end but the boot wasn't really designed to take the nails.
Boot soles are also very hard to get that arnt expensive or stupidly hard wearing and slippy. Plus the key cutter/shoe people in the high street run a mile when you ask them to do the most basic of boot repairs. Ive tryed alsorts!

Next time its shoe goo and car tyres for sure unless the evo stick works out for you. Cheers.

N

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
If the sole does come off with impact adhesive then I'll use windscren bond to glue it back on, it pretty much means it will be on for ever, but I dont think the boots will see another sole in their life time!

I am going to use some of the meindl cream on them to give a bit life back into the dried out upper! I think it will change the colour a little but I am cutting about with biege boots with black soles so I reckon my street credit is pretty much burst lol

bloobeetle

Sep 30, 2012
tattershall, lincs
i believe that EU made Evo take out a chemical in their adhesive. and i think it applies to all contact adhesive.....except industrial stuff. i'm not to sure on it but a buddy of mine uses the stuff and told me about it. apparently its not as strong as it used to be....

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Great project and the results are looking good. Years ago, there used to be a stall in the market place in Mombassa, Kenya, where it was possible to buy 'flip-flops' made of car tyre tread with a broad canvas strap, which was made from lorry tarpaulin.
Recycling at it's best..:D :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE