Oh no... I've been Yodeled!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well, the package I was waiting for the other day arrived just fine, however, a package that was being returned to the US before Christmas has not arrived, in fact it's not even in the system for some reason. I'm fuming. £170 out of pocket...

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I've just had my first experience of yodel, the fabric for my sofabed has just arrived. The driver was wearing a black greasy hi viz coat and I guess his motor was greasy too, the parcel had traces of oil on it, thankfully the fabric survived.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I ordered a rucksack from Field and trek via Amazon and was worried when I saw they were using Yodel.
My concerns were duly proven true this morning. Despite being in and looking out for the delivery van they managed to sneak a card in through the letterbox and clear off. I've just ruined someone's day in the Yodel call centre, will be doing the same to Amazon and Field and Trek in due course. I'd paid for the expedited delivery, but it seems F&T / Sports Direct have only paid for the standard service (which I guess means you get a card and not the parcel for three days) and also means the parcel stays on the van for three days so I can't even go and pick it up from the blimmin' depot until Friday!
To every complaint I had the guy in the call centre had but one reply..."fair enough..."
Absolutely terrible customer service.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I had never heard of them until I got a card through the door last week. The card didn't have the consignment number on it and the box ticked was "....left at no 49", guess what my house number is?
When I rang Yodel they couldn't find anything as their computers were "down". I tried again next day and guess what........"Computers down", but they did explain that deliveries are carried out by self employed drivers so really it wasn't their doing it was someone elses.
They gave me a number to their sister company who I rang and they said it was nothing to do with them either!!

Amazon have now had my feedback!

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I've just let Amazon and F&T have my thoughts on them as suppliers using a load of cowboys as a delivery service and yep the feedback won't be good either.
Possibly for the best that I have to be out for the next two days, so I can't lay my hands on the driver when they deliver the next two cards :(

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I managed 24 seconds into that song. Anyone who can beat that I tip me 'at to ya, guv'ner.

Thank you for that compliment, I listened to the whole thing (again) with a big grin on my face. Sya what you like, he had a great voice and tremendous control of it.

Of course I can remember listening to Frank Ifield when his songs were at number one on a regular basis... :)

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Dear God, it gets worse!
Just checked online and the lying scumbags now claim to have tried to deliver it again last night. We were in, no doorbell, no card, damn all.
Just spoken to someone at Yodel. Couldn't even get angry as he had English as a second language and didn't want some kind of racist allegations coming my way.
It seems that after two "failed" deliveries, I now have to do the 30 mile round trip to pick up the sodding parcel.

Amazon sent a completely useless reply, so I've written and told them so.
Field and Trek / Sports Direct haven't even acknowledged my email.
Time to look for more senior people to email I think.

Mr Angry is off to get his parcel..........
It really is rare that I have an overwhelming desire to poke someone in the eye, but it's getting that way.

Last edited:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
feel for you mate, i really do, having been biten by these "idiots" before, have you thought about leaving some well aimed comments on F&T's Twitter & Farcebook pages?

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
feel for you mate, i really do, having been biten by these "idiots" before, have you thought about leaving some well aimed comments on F&T's Twitter & Farcebook pages?
Excellent idea Mark. I'll be getting on that later today. I suppose they'll just delete the Farcebook comment, but I think Twitter comments stay.

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
No, No, NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cussing:It appears Yodel are going to be delivering my parcel!!

I ordered something for my bike from http://www.probikekit.co.uk, they are usually good at sending out parcels.

They even use Royal mail (Normally, well they did) which is handy as the sorting office is actually in the same town. Not London or the other end of the county.

Today I check my email..........................................

Your parcel from MyProtein is on its way and is out for delivery today.
It will be delivered by 9.00pm. Here is your tracking number JD000224155004451
you can track your parcel by visiting www.myyodel.co.uk

I need the item by tomorrow, what are the chances of it actually arriving?

Now off to cry and wait for the door bell they won't ring:lmao:

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
To my amazement the parcel actually arrived. It arrived a 4pm, too late to do most of the jobs I had lined up for today!

If they kept royal mail as the free postage carrier I could have had the parcel by 11am.

any way parcel was delivered by some grumpy women in her 50's driving a clapped out old Mondeo (the old one that's held together with duck tape). :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE