Off topic - a bit of fun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
My girlfriend just sent me this, thought you folks would like it :D

New evening classes for men.

All are welcome, open to men only. note: due to the complexity and level of difficulty, each course will accept a maximum of eight participants. the course covers two days, and topics covered in this course include:

Day one.
How to fill ice cube trays. step by step guide with slide presentation.

Toilet rolls- do they grow on the holders? roundtable discussion.

Differences between laundry basket & floor. practicing with hamper (pictures and graphics).

Dishes & silverware; do they levitate/fly to kitchen sink or dishwasher by themselves? debate among a panel of experts.

Loss of virility. losing the remote control to your significant other - help line and support groups.

Learning how to find things. starting with looking in the right place instead of turning the house upside down while shouting "it's not there!", you've moved it!" or "we've run out!" - open forum.

Day two.

Empty milk cartons; do they belong in the fridge or the bin? group discussion and role-play.

Health watch; bringing her flowers is not harmful to your health. powerpoint presentation.

Real men ask for directions when lost. real life testimonial from the one man who did.

Is it genetically impossible to sit quietly as she parallel parks? driving simulation.

Living with adults; basic differences between your mother and your partner. online class and role playing.

How to be the ideal shopping companion. relaxation exercises, meditation and breathing techniques

Remembering important dates & calling when you're going to be late. bring your calendar or pda to class.

Getting over it; learning how to live with being wrong all the time. individual counsellors available.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Of course, if you are one of these people who 'employ' a houswife, then this course need not apply. However, if you both work, might i suggest the ladies go on a mechanics, DIY and garden care course while you are on this? ;)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Spacemonkey said:
Of course, if you are one of these people who 'employ' a houswife, then this course need not apply. However, if you both work, might i suggest the ladies go on a mechanics, DIY and garden care course while you are on this? ;)
Is there anyway to post anonymously on here?

just in case the wife reads the comments I would like to make ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Goose said:
Is there anyway to post anonymously on here? .............
just in case the wife reads the comments I would like to make ;)

:D :D

"How do you get a man to change a toilet roll?

They can *do* that ?? :eek:"

Toddy......who lives in an all male family!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
arctic hobo said:
... or fuses. Or printer cartridges. Or memory cards. Or batteries. Or... :p :D

But guys, I *do* all of that!......but I have to change the toilet rolls (too mechanical for hi-tech minded males obviously :rolleyes: ) empty the hoover, clean the cats bowls, and put the quilts into their covers too! Correctly pairing up socks is obviously a female talent as well, the complexity of which completely eludes men :D
On the other hand, they're awfully useful when I find a moth :eek:

Cheers,
Toddy

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Toddy said:
But guys, I *do* all of that!......but I have to change the toilet rolls (too mechanical for hi-tech minded males obviously :rolleyes: ) empty the hoover, clean the cats bowls, and put the quilts into their covers too! Correctly pairing up socks is obviously a female talent as well, the complexity of which completely eludes men :D
On the other hand, they're awfully useful when I find a moth :eek:

Cheers,
Toddy
That's another one - they always win arguments! Grrrr :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Grez said:
Can you teach my other half that!!!! :D :D

Grez..

Ah! Now see, she's a smart lady, she let you find out how to do it for yourself without impatiently saying, "Give me it, I'll do it myself" :D :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

leon-1

Just to start complete chaos.

Pairing socks, not a problem, changeing toilet rolls not a problem, ironing not a problem, doing dixies (panbash, washing) exceptionally easy, cleaning a house is easy and cooking no problems at all.

So far I have not met a woman that can fold things properly, Iron properly or polish iron or brass or copper to a high enough degree or have a house ready for inspection without calling in a multitude of helpers.

Women have yet to get the hang of chauvanism so shouldn't get involved in discussions of this type. Women should also take classes on when to admit they are wrong.

Cats, they are probably yours so they are your responsibility, don't lumber me with it.

The army teaches you a lot :D

However women have some marvellous idiosyncrasies and we love them for them :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
leon-1 said:
Just to start complete chaos.
Pairing socks, not a problem, changeing toilet rolls not a problem, ironing not a problem, doing dixies (panbash, washing) exceptionally easy, cleaning a house is easy and cooking no problems at all.
So far I have not met a woman that can fold things properly, Iron properly or polish iron or brass or copper to a high enough degree or have a house ready for inspection without calling in a multitude of helpers.
Women have yet to get the hang of chauvanism so shouldn't get involved in discussions of this type. Women should also take classes on when to admit they are wrong.
Cats, they are probably yours so they are your responsibility, don't lumber me with it.
The army teaches you a lot :D
However women have some marvellous idiosyncrasies and we love them for them :D

You've been hanging out with some *awfully* clever ladies, haven't you?.....look how much you learned to do for yourself, and for them too!

:D ;)

Toddy

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Lost in civilisation said:
Pairing socks - no chance

I pair up socks according to the number of holes in them

I by shirts that don't need ironing (or just hang about in dark clubs)

toliet rolls, just put them on the shelf behind the loo. Of course women can't do this because it's full of girly stuff (only some of which is any good for making fires)

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Toddy said:
Correctly pairing up socks is obviously a female talent as well, the complexity of which completely eludes men :D

Cheers,
Toddy
It's not the complexity that eludes us, it's the point :p

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
In my experience women need to be taught the difference between the laundry basket and other areas of the house too! The number of times I have carefully layed down (or absentmindedly deposited) an item of almost unworn clothing only to come back half an hour later to find it missing. First I think its my memory going (not funny) then learn that the lady of the house has swooped in and laundered it. If I wanted it washed I would have put it in the basket, or on the floor nearby!! GRRrrr.

I also feel that if a woman wants a bloke to be trained in supportive shopping, its only fair that she learn to stick to one brand of shampoo, soap, etc. No one needs 20 assorted bottles perched about the bathroom! It would also be nice if shoes could be chosen for practicallity rather than just looking nice...what's the point of a pretty pair of shoes that require you to carry a spare set to drive in...or walk in...or stand in

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE