Off topic - a bit of fun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
Andy said:
I by shirts that don't need ironing (or just hang about in dark clubs)

i was at a house party recently and this girl seemed mystified that i was wearing a shirt. - she said to me

"must be a right pain having to iron your shirt's all the time"

"ummm, nope, i dont iron my shirts"

Swampy Matt

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 19, 2004
Midlands
The course i would suggest for most women would be:

Washing white shirts and sports kit - how not to turn them pink.

I used to be quite please when my GF offered to wash my stuff for me, but i've discovered that in the long run its just easier for me to do it right the first time!

and regarding ironing of shirts - buy linen - lasts longer than cotton, warmer (in the cold) and cooler (in the hot weather) than cotton and if you do iron it, its wrinkled within minutes, so why bother ironing in the first place!

Gail

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2005
Surrey
Now you see, I have it down to a fine art... my bloke's shirts go to a little old lady down the road who willingly gives up 3 hours of her Sunday afternoon to iron about 200 of his shirts for a mere £10 - thus supplementing her meagre pension and keeping the local economy afloat ! She insists she loves ironing - therefore keeping everyone happy !

Meanwhile I scoff choccies and watch desperate housewives ! Hee Hee :D

Swampy Matt

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 19, 2004
Midlands
Gail said:
Now you see, I have it down to a fine art... my bloke's shirts go to a little old lady down the road who willingly gives up 3 hours of her Sunday afternoon to iron about 200 of his shirts for a mere £10 -

If you really want to learn how too look after kit (clothes, etc) find a little old lady or an old soldier from Monty's Army. My Grandparents taught me how to iron, darn, hand wash, polish and generally keep clothes in good condition - they had to do it, they couldn't just nip to matalan/tk max/(insert local cheepo clothes shop here) and get five t-shirts for £3.

As a result i can if necessary turn myself out quite nicely when required. I just prefer to be scruffy :D

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
C_Claycomb said:
I also feel that if a woman wants a bloke to be trained in supportive shopping, its only fair that she learn to stick to one brand of shampoo, soap, etc. No one needs 20 assorted bottles perched about the bathroom! It would also be nice if shoes could be chosen for practicallity rather than just looking nice...what's the point of a pretty pair of shoes that require you to carry a spare set to drive in...or walk in...or stand in
He he... and pockets! They don't have pockets! How can you survive without? :confused:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
C_Claycomb said:
I also feel that if a woman wants a bloke to be trained in supportive shopping, its only fair that she learn to stick to one brand of shampoo, soap, etc. No one needs 20 assorted bottles perched about the bathroom! It would also be nice if shoes could be chosen for practicallity rather than just looking nice...what's the point of a pretty pair of shoes that require you to carry a spare set to drive in...or walk in...or stand in

:eek: mea culpa, I don't like ugly shoes :( ...... but *supportive shopping*.....I didn't know guys could do that.....maybe my menfolk require advanced training....hmmm ;)
Cheers,
Toddy

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Toddy said:
:eek: mea culpa, I don't like ugly shoes :( ...... but *supportive shopping*.....I didn't know guys could do that.....maybe my menfolk require advanced training....hmmm ;)
Cheers,
Toddy
Stop right there! You don't mean shopping! You don't know what shopping is! Female folk think that shopping is going around every single shop in existence, trying on their entire range, and rejecting it. It's not! Shopping is when you go to a shop, buy something that looks good. And it takes only 10 MINUTES TO DO!

:D :D

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
My sisters trained me for shopping trips with a future girlfriend. It sort of worked but once women get in packs the others don't like a guy around when they are buying bras.

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
speak to STOTRE

if shopping was an olympic sport, his wife would be a gold medalist :D

went to Andorra, spent 1 hour in a womens shop called MANGO??? left with Sweet F A!!!

I would rather be sat in a trench facing the might of the Chinese Army, than going shopping with women :D

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
leon-1 said:
I believe that shopping with women was one of the more gruesome techniques used by Saddam Hussien to extract information from people that he really didn't like :D :D
...why do you think Guantanamo Bay camp has it's own shops? It's not just for the soldiers off-duty you know... :eek:

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I actually enjoy shopping with my girlfriend. it's just the endless waiting outside the girl's changing rooms that I hate. Except for the ones with the knackered curtains...........

She has perfected the art of shopping. It involves spaending all day trying stuff on, then selecting certain items to take home to try on a few more times in front of the mirror. Then take them back the next day and get a refund. Repeat until you've been through the entire range... It was when we went to Oxford Street Top Shop, and the girl behind the till knew her by name that I told her she had a problem! Funny how she doesn't think twice about spending £100 on a pair of pointy shoes that she can't even stand in yet will moan if I buy milk form the corner shop as it's 2p cheaper in the supermarket with the huge queues....

Women eh? Well at leats I get the last word in every argument........

....."Yes dear..."

Spacemonkey said:
I actually enjoy shopping with my girlfriend. it's just the endless waiting outside the girl's changing rooms that I hate. Except for the ones with the knackered curtains...........

She has perfected the art of shopping. It involves spaending all day trying stuff on, then selecting certain items to take home to try on a few more times in front of the mirror. Then take them back the next day and get a refund. Repeat until you've been through the entire range... It was when we went to Oxford Street Top Shop, and the girl behind the till knew her by name that I told her she had a problem! Funny how she doesn't think twice about spending £100 on a pair of pointy shoes that she can't even stand in yet will moan if I buy milk form the corner shop as it's 2p cheaper in the supermarket with the huge queues....

Women eh? Well at leats I get the last word in every argument........

....."Yes dear..."

I thought that i was alone :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE