Off to the woods for a couple days

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Once you get out there, it's quite comforting in the rain. Animals loose awareness and gain confidence, and you get less people out. The countryside is truly yours then and you see far much more stuff and get really great smells.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Achh you'll be fine :)

Should be a good test of your firelighting skills anyway :)

Don't forget to take the camera

Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
Thanks for your encouragement, its blowing a hooly (sp) down here also and gonna
have 2 wet dogs to contend with, one who doesn't do roughing it : (
*cough* meths*cough* er ive got to pop in to B&Q on the way down to pick up some er
supplies:rolleyes:
I'll report back on Friday if i survive til then

Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
Have a good time bud... If you are stuck under the tarp, maybe a good time to carve that ladle!

Reagrds, al.

Lol,cheers mate unfortunatley it was beech and started splitting heavily so the best shape part went on the fire,
and its rock hard spent a couple of hours on it but pretty much giving up now:(
How's your knife and fork coming along?

Cheers Scott

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Lol,cheers mate unfortunatley it was beech and started splitting heavily so the best shape part went on the fire,
and its rock hard spent a couple of hours on it but pretty much giving up now:(
How's your knife and fork coming along?

Cheers Scott

The spoon that ended up a fork (nearly finished) is still with us...
the ladle/spoon did the same as yours, developed a crack or 10 and is now destined for mikes bushbuddy :)

I was sitting at home last night watching the tree's point sideways, and wondering how you where getting on?

For once, i didn't feel envious!

atb, TBL.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE