Nothing to do with me but... DAMN it's pretty!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It is lovely, and I know what Wayland means, and you definitely wouldn't be lending it out to someone to "just cut some kindlin'." Think it would safely be on a wall somewhere.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm sure I stated in the original post that it was a user and currently splitting some knotty old tat with nails and rocks in it...

Seriously - Of course it's not a sodding user, guys! I posted the link because it's beautiful to look at and because the craft in making something that nice is amazing.

My hope was that it would be appreciated for what it is, not for people to bang on about how impractical it is. I guess the ultralight lot will be along soon telling me how it would be too heavy to go in their packs and the bargain seekers to tell me how it's too expensive.

Excuse my moaning but why add "But (something more obvious than obvious)" to the post unless it's just to have a little dig?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm sure I stated in the original post that it was a user and currently splitting some knotty old tat with nails and rocks in it...

Seriously - Of course it's not a sodding user, guys! I posted the link because it's beautiful to look at and because the craft in making something that nice is amazing.

My hope was that it would be appreciated for what it is, not for people to bang on about how impractical it is. I guess the ultralight lot will be along soon telling me how it would be too heavy to go in their packs and the bargain seekers to tell me how it's too expensive.

Excuse my moaning but why add "But (something more obvious than obvious)" to the post unless it's just to have a little dig?
I wasn't having a dig! Maybe stating the bleeding obvious but that's all. Would you rather that or folk not posting in reply? I did admire it for it's beauty was just thinking how last weekend a lass with no experience of an axe asked to use mine to chop kindling on the ground in the dark after she'd had a drink. Even my little Husky wasn't getting that treatment.

Wayland

Hárbarðr

Wow, someone got out on the sensitive side of bed this morning.

No one is having a dig but I also don't bother posting unless I have something to say other than "Yes that's pretty." :240:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
So here's the timeline of this short thread.

I post a link to a thing of beauty to share it with the community. I don't need validation, I don't crave attention, I just wanted to share. Hell, you don't even have to like the thing I shared!

You (Wayland) post a comment that manages to be both obvious and condescending, which is apparently better than saying yes that's pretty... or even nothing - if you have nothing positive to contribute?

You (Wayland) then accuse me of getting out of bed the wrong side?

I thought we were past petty little snipes Wayland? And yes, they do wind me up so my reaction, though not related with how I wake up (which was very nice breakfast in bed thanks), was caused by your post.

Very interesting posts by others though, I hadn't seen his work before but like BR's knife. Seems like everything the maker does is very nice.

Repperz

Feb 3, 2014
Tonbridge area..
Hey listen man, I don't mean to be a **** here but I think you were over-reacting a little bit.

I mean, you posted saying how beautiful this knife was and the first two comments were:

Wayland: 'It is, but I'm not sure I'd want to give it any use though.'
Goatboy: 'It is lovely, and I know what Wayland means, and you definitely wouldn't be lending it out to someone to "just cut some kindlin'." Think it would safely be on a wall somewhere.'

They both agreed with you, they both said the knife looked good and they both simply said they wouldn't want to use it (for fear of damaging it presumably since it is so beautiful). I don't really get how either of them were having a go?

The accusation about getting out of bed on the wrong side was probably something to do with the kinda offensive reply you gave them first to pretty harmless and appreciative comments. Shall we just let it go and appreciate the knife now? :cool:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Magnus is an absolute artist. When you grip one of those oddly sculpted knives its like pulling on a well worn pair of gloves. They are amazingly beautiful, but also functional.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE