Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
:) had a good morning with jojo. weather was dry & cool. walk down along the beach, lucky for us there was no nudist,no wood for a fire, only people fishing. from there we walk into corton wood & gunton wood. unforturnly we did no bushcraft, but talking to Jojo has got thinking about building a canoe :cool: . cheer for the company jojo, when we going to carlton marsh?

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i have a feeling most bushcrafters have a liking for canoeing!
you can hire them out near norwich!

good to hear you had a nice time, i have to say a large percentage of meets are just nattering, which we all do quite well!

sorry i coulden't reply yesterday, i've had problems with the internet not working which i'm going to have to make calls about! :(

by the way at easter i'll be demoing for a company just outside norwich at"Dunston wood " (near the hall), it's going to be open to the public for "easter fun" more details later!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Glad you had fun, JoJo's a decent bloke :)
I've 12 days of holidays to use up before the new financial year so if anyone's up for an overnighter?
Rappleby, how about your "secret" location.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Dino. I enjoyed the walk too. Let's say the woods are quite nice but aren't bushcraft orientated!! Nowhere to light a fire without attracting plenty of unwanted attention :lmao:

As to the marsh, shall we say, not next w/e, but the one after that? I have a whole heap of work to do on a boat and must reallly get on with it. :(

http://www.bateau2.com/free/cheapcanoe.htm
If you look here, that's a fairly similar canoe to the one I made. You get complete free plans and tutorial on how to do it, which is pretty good of the site that offers it. You really don't have to spend mega $$$ or £££ to have a perfectly good little touring canoe, max £100, and probably less with abit of thought. Somebody else asked about it some while ago and I had forgotten :eek: about it....Sorry :rolleyes:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Ive been wanting to have a go at canoeing it looks fantastic, also on a different note when does Mr Mears return to BBC2.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
you can probably find that out from the BBC website :confused: .

i'll have to ask Damascus, i think he said he has "use" of a few canoes for cadet use don't quote me on that though they may of been kayaks.

the "secret site"?
i was going to take the guys there after the whitlingham meet but we ran out of time.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Ok. It looks like Rappleby's coming over to North Walsham for a mini-meet next Wednesday for a bit of a wander around Bacton wood. It's FC land so no fires but it's nice for a mooch around. If anyone else can make it you're welcome to join us.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
weekender said:
Im sure ive been there, but where is north walsham? and what time are you meeting.
North Walshams about 18 miles North/northeast of Norwich. We haven't decided on a time yet, I'm waiting to here from Rappleby as to when is most convienient for him. You're welcome to come along if you're able :) .

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
weekender said:
I may be able to make it depending on time, if thats ok.
I hope you can make it. I'll post a time as soon as I know.
And I'll do my best to remember my camera.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Dino said:
what time are you looking at meeting, i may be able make it, if it o.k.
I'm still waiting to here back from Rappleby but I can make the whole day so if some of you want to do the morning or afternoon, or both I'm up for it :) .

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
weekender said:
i can make it im going to be in dunstan working nights so im only round the corner so to speak
Cool, look forward to meeting you :) .

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Snufkin said:
I'm still waiting to here back from Rappleby but I can make the whole day so if some of you want to do the morning or afternoon, or both I'm up for it :) .

:( sorry snuflin, i through you where looking at a evening/dusk meet, as the days are getting longer. i am at work during the day, i have not much holiday left. :(

Dean

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Dino said:
:( sorry snuflin, i through you where looking at a evening/dusk meet, as the days are getting longer. i am at work during the day, i have not much holiday left. :(

Dean
No problem, an evening meet would be an idea. Maybe when the clocks go forward.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
weekender said:
do we know when yet??
OK, I've not heared from Rappleby so I'll go ahead and say 10.30am at the main carpark. There's a covered notice board and we can meet there.
If anyone wants to come later that's OK, we can swing back through the carpark and pick them up. Just let me know what time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE