Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Had a phone call from Rappleby, his computer's down at the moment but he's still going to be there tomorrow. If anyone else can make it post on here and we'll wait for you or swing back through the carpark to pick you up :) .

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
jojo said:
I won't be able to make it, but have a nice time.. I hope it won't rain too much on you tomorrow! It was rather soggy today :(
The weather forecast doesn't say rain, but who knows? I'll take my camera and post pics tomorrow.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
We had a good day today, it was drizzling as I was heading down to the woods but it cleared up quickly, which was nice.
we had a wander round the woods and I showed the chaps the sights, tumuli, remnants of ancient woodland and WW 2 trenches.
2007_0228Image0004.jpg

After lunch we did a bit of shelter building making use of all the blown down trees from the gales.
2007_0228Image0005.jpg

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Had a great time thanks guys, looking forward to the next time. brilliant spot there snufkin. :You_Rock_

ps reminder to myself come better prepared next time and breathe in more when photos are being taken ;)

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
It's a good spot and it could be good if we could get to use it in an "official" way.
As an aside, if any of you are trying to get in touch with Rappleby, his computer is screwed up at the moment, he said he'd try and get to the library to check email and the like but until his PC's fixed he won't be around the site much.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Dino said:
:notworthy glade you all had good day. was anything said about a next meet? :notworthy
Nothing was organised but when the evenings draw out more we could do a midweek evening meet.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Hi Guys,

what happening, have the bushcrafter in east anglia all gone on holiday or to shy to talk to anyone :lmao: anyone got any news, the threads been quite since the beginnings of the march. :confused:

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I know Rappleby is off line at the moment with computer problems. The thread goes cold every so often. Trouble is finding time for meetups, and doing them when others can get there :rolleyes: . I'm just going to have to win the lottery tonight so I can buy my own forest that we can all use for meetups :) .

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Snufkin said:
I know Rappleby is off line at the moment with computer problems. The thread goes cold every so often. Trouble is finding time for meetups, and doing them when others can get there :rolleyes: . I'm just going to have to win the lottery tonight so I can buy my own forest that we can all use for meetups :) .

You joke there was a sign near where we met that said woods for sale, i wonder what the price of a couple of acres of woodland are?? :D

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
weekender said:
You joke there was a sign near where we met that said woods for sale, i wonder what the price of a couple of acres of woodland are?? :D
If it's near Holt then its close to £50K!!! .

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
weekender said:

What about all of us chipping in and buying the wood, then when we not playing in it, we could rent it out to get some money. :rolleyes:

any of you guys done any canoeing touring on the norfolk broads or any where else. :eek:

:lmao: as for the A14, is that suffolk own car park, like the M25 is the car park for London. :lmao:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
:lmao: as for the A14, is that suffolk own car park, like the M25 is the car park for London. :lmao:[/QUOTE]

On fridays near me its like a demolition derby :rolleyes:

I would imagine a good few acres would be ok as long as its densliy(spl) planted, on the website woodlands for sale there are quite a few for sale under 50k for 4-5 acres i was supprised, not that i can afford it :( , but still if the numbers come up :D

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Dino said:
Hi Guys,

what happening, have the bushcrafter in east anglia all gone on holiday or to shy to talk to anyone :lmao: anyone got any news, the threads been quite since the beginnings of the march. :confused:

I have been stuck for ever in the Royal Forest Of Cones in Lowestoft.... I am lost, I can't find my way and I forgot my compass :eek: I have seen a couple of water holes and loads of weird creatures in heavy boots and yellow hats all over the place.. , they seem to be moving among the cones and digging holes, looking down there :grouphug: :grouphug: , obviously can't find what they're looking for :confused: and moving a few feet to dig another one, so the whole place looks like the surface of the moon. maybe I'll find my way out by following the river on a balsa raft........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE