Northern Bushmoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Would you like a Northern Bushmoot

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bothered

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
We're not holding our breath on the "Moot" front but fortunately we do have regular Meets at Delamere which are just like Moots but spelt differently.....;)

Oh and cheaper too....

Like Mootylike
Mootyish

:D

Sorry couldn't resist. Wouldn't mind attending one, about time i got out.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Anything north of watford gap is north for most southerners and anything south of leeds is south for alot of us northerners :D and anything in between is no mans land

Delamere sounds like a plan. And not far from SWMBO's folks which is handy for me.

Any further news on the meet?

Quote from Wikipedia:

Whilst driving on the M1 the services are unofficially, and sometimes comically, known by residents of London and southeastern England as the point where the north/south divide occurs. The implication is that there is neither culture nor sophistication "North of the Watford Gap". Those living north of the Watford Gap claim that it is the point where humour, humility and humanity begin. Southerners respond by claiming that it is the line where well being, self respect and spirit end.

I live about 1/2 mile south of the Gap, the service staion is my shortcut entry to the M1.......oops.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Hi All, for the slow response.

I need to get to the site and talk to the management, I am intending on having a Christmas Moot up North this time so we'll get it sorted.

How are things re the Northern Moot? Any progress yet. S orry to be a pain in the rearend. If it is going to be a no no can you please tell us so that we don't keep our hopes up.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
I think this must be dead in the water, it's getting a bit late for organizing or setting time aside for.

I guess all those soft southerners are afraid of freezing up here in the North.....;)

Its not that mate we just dont want the wheels nicked off our cars and then not be able to drive home:eek:

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Its not that mate we just dont want the wheels nicked off our cars and then not be able to drive home:eek:

We wouldn't nick your wheels Aaron, they don't fit our cars :D

polish_horse_cart.jpg

:lmao:

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi Wanderinstar.

This is re my tiny paragraph in the 'group buys' thread on the subject of the Northern 'Winter Moot". I don't want to hijack that.

I have a feeling that as Shelley is very close to her nine month due date perhaps consideration should be given to that.

I will repeat that I am 5orry that the 'Moot' idea has not come about. There is always next year or alternatively remove the o and replace with two e's. I would love to venture up to your part of the world but not this time. I know you get down to this area quite often and understand the roads here. They get even more hellish in the winter months with the loss of daylight and wet. (Another excuse!:D ) AND I don't want to freeze to death on the journey up Wayland!;)

You would be very welcome to our little event 5 & 6 Jan.

Cheers from Swyn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE