Northern Bushmoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Would you like a Northern Bushmoot

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bothered

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I don't know of an official 'Moot', but I'm sure it would be well supported by the community. It is an excellent site with great facilities. Perhaps the powers that be should take up Goose's offer of a tour.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
:) Gorilla,

Ian is talking about an officially organised 'Moot' rather than my unofficial 'meet'.

There are many 'meets' that are organised by individual members that are not sanctioned by BCUK.

Hope that is clear :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
HELLLLLOOOOOO Tony. Now that you have the Summer Moot over, how about casting an eye a bit further North. Delamere perhaps?[/QUOTE

To me and I suspect, a lot of other folk, Delamere is north west (again) as far as England goes, we should really be looking at Kielder or Hamsterley Forest's for next year

regards
R.B.

What are the facilities like at Kielder and Hamsterley? At Delamere everything is there, lots of places for camping and hammocks, buildings and barns for classrooms, water points, toilets and showers, a lake, lots of woods and places to have communal fires, not to mention good road access! The facilities are already in place for large numbers of people, you may not need the facilities for a couple of bushcrafters but you do when you up the scale of numbers.(only so many holes you can dig under trees!)

I know I am biased, as Delamere is local to me, but it is a case of not being able to please all the people all of the time. If there are other places that are suitable post them up and maybe organise a meet, others may enthuse about it as much as they do about Delamere!

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Yeh i agree with goose aswell as many others on the forum Delamere is great i stay over 400 miles from and traveled with Graham S, but it was well worth it,and I REALLY think some deep thought and attention of the powers that be should be put into this.

Lodian

MikeS

Forager
Sep 5, 2005
Peterborough
We are definately interested depending on dates etc.

Just a quick question about Dalamere, I notes from a previous post that the is space for group fires, does this mean that there is no facility for individuals to have a fire for a meal or brew ? (This is one of the best bits of the Wilderness Gathering for me)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
There are plenty of communal fire pits, there are also raised hearths provided by the site that are mobile or you can always provide your own hearth.

fire-rig.jpg

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
We are definately interested depending on dates etc.

Just a quick question about Dalamere, I notes from a previous post that the is space for group fires, does this mean that there is no facility for individuals to have a fire for a meal or brew ? (This is one of the best bits of the Wilderness Gathering for me)

Just as Wayland says, there are a couple of BIG fire circles around the site with "terraced" seating around(wooden benches) and there are a few ground fire pits around the different sites. If you want an individual fire and are not near the pits there are dozens of altar fires available to keep the fire off the ground, fires aren't an issue but scorch marks all over are!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE