North West Meet, 14, 15 July!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Had a great time once again, good to see new faces and good to meet up with friends again. Thanks Goose for organising another fantastic meet, love the site.
See you all again soon.

Simon.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Great first meet for me and Pete although we were there for less than 24 hours. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and especially to Goose and Graham. What a great site . . . and only 10 miles away! Looking forward to joining you all again in the future.

S

shaunmcdonald

Thanks Goose for sorting another great meet up. Enjoyed it very much :)

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Really enjoyed my first meet, thanks to goose for organising it and everyone who gave me loads of advice. Im getting quite itchy with the credit card, so think ill get off the floor and get me a hamock. Also getting a minor obsession with stoves.
Looks like ive got permission from the missus to go to the bushmoot so hope to see some of you again.

D

Dave Harker

Had a Great time for my first meet! thanks goose for organising it and thanks to matt and every one elss putting up with my drunken self! lol

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Glad you enjoyed your first meet addo, as for a hammock they are deffinately the way to go. catch you again.

Simon.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Another good meet, I reckon we had about forty people there overall thanks to all for coming:You_Rock_

Most memorable moment of the weekend for me was xylaria entering the fire circle, tripping and running screaming swinging a bottle of rum, I thought she was so quiet!:lmao:

I will make some calls this week and sort out a working weekend as I discussed with some over the weekend, I think it will be well appreciated by the camp staff. I am thinking the back end of August, but I will make another post when I have dates etc, it sould run pretty much like a normal meet with a bit of graft on the SAturday clearing ditches and some light forestry work.Again thanks again to all:beerchug:

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I can't remember that :eek: , really I can't

I don't drink normally, I hope I wasn't rude. I loose more friends when drunk, than I make. :sulkoff:

You were hilarious :lmao:

You do remember foraging some wild 'shrooms then coming back, frying them up and dishing them around don't you? 'This one's dodgy so don't let the kids have any' was a disclaimer I remember. Don't remember much after the giant melting Mars Bars chased us around the forest thou :theyareon :confused: :lmao:

EDIT: just kidding about the Mars Bars!

xylaria

You were hilarious :lmao:

You do remember foraging some wild 'shrooms then coming back, frying them up and dishing them around don't you? 'This one's dodgy so don't let the kids have any' was a disclaimer I remember. Don't remember much after the giant melting Mars Bars chased us around the forest thou :theyareon :confused: :lmao:

EDIT: just kidding about the Mars Bars!
The dodgy one was the over the hill puffball your daughter picked, it can give you gut rot, so gave it adults with a warning. What your talking about is the little brown mushrooms, that bloke wearing green found, and I am sure they were pixies not mars bars. :lmao:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well I thouroughly enjoyed our group chat about the crapness of certain mushroom books, how to boil a very fresh egg and other stuff. Some very informative, some just plain funny! And I now know how to positively ID chanterelle, proven by the fact that I ate some and I'm not dead!

I had a great time, I think next time I'll try to stay for the whole weekend, but with a bit more than three hours of sleep! The missus wondered what I was up to when i got home as I slept from 8 in the evening till 10 o'clock the next day!:eek:

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
sounds like you all had a great time, s o rr y i couldn't make it, goose the working weekend sounds interesting, i could be up for a bit of manual labour (work permitting) keep us posted.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It was shauns daughter sorriy!!! It took me many years to learn and then forget all the stuff I don't know..

Spamel deadly poisonous mushrooms take about a fortnight:D It was thingswelike who had the handsome baby boy in light red tie-die top, that I mistook for a girl.

Glad I wasn't the only one! Nice to see kids being brought into the outdoors at an early age though, I think Delamere is a perfect setting for kids to play and enjoy themselves with no fear of them being run over or anything else. I will hopefully bring one of mine next time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE