North East

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 21, 2011
co durham
bp auckland mate.that cdwes i looked into it a couple of years back i was going to go on 1 he never got back to me its mainly for schools and familys i just wild camp in a few woods i know you get no bother i just light my fire when it gets dark i do airgun shooting as well

Jan 21, 2011
co durham
lol i wouldnt dream of camping round ere i might get trampled on by a couple of horses lol i travel a few miles away ive got shooting permission on a farm about 5 miles away and it has a wood next to it

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle.

I'm off to Kielder tomorrow to find a bothy for the night. There are some wilderness camp sites up there, but none have trees and all offer limited space. there are however no less than eight bothies. The smaller ones sleep only 4, but the larger ones have provisions for 10 bodies. I dare say that they would take more, but some would have to make themselves comfortable on the floor. Just a thought.

Jan 21, 2011
co durham
lol i spent 1 of the coldest nights ever there in a bothy back in 1990 i'll never forget it . i was on a survival weekend with the d.l.i it was meant to be solo 3 of us slept in 1 i wish i stayed in my 58 sleeping bag and we had a log fire going it was blue.i was only a young nipper,good times lol

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
lol i spent 1 of the coldest nights ever there in a bothy back in 1990 i'll never forget it . i was on a survival weekend with the d.l.i it was meant to be solo 3 of us slept in 1 i wish i stayed in my 58 sleeping bag and we had a log fire going it was blue.i was only a young nipper,good times lol

I was up there in a bothy late in December and was lovely and warm until nature called at 05.00. Should have jogged on the spot for a minute before climbing back into my bag, but rather foolishly didn't bother. I'll not be making that mistake again.

Jan 21, 2011
co durham
i should of had my sleeping bag with me that night we were wraped up in daft survival blanket i went back to my shelter when it got light got into my bag i was toasty just nodded of then got woke up off the instructor (young and daft) lol

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Jebus, only a survival blanket. When I get cold I can't help but think of setting the person nearest to me alight for warmth, but in all fairness I display severe misanthropic tendencies at times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE