North East

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
So! Other than Brpckwell guys. Is there nowt else to chat about in the northeast! lol. Ive been here a few weeks now and still hardly know anyone! I know the meeting is a good starting point. But surely there must be something else going on!!! Sorr i wont call you shirley!

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
So! Other than Brpckwell guys. Is there nowt else to chat about in the northeast! lol. Ive been here a few weeks now and still hardly know anyone! I know the meeting is a good starting point. But surely there must be something else going on!!! Sorr i wont call you shirley!

i personally like talking about pies, pasties, their fillings and pastry choices. :spam::spam:

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
does any one kna of any other places to gan or just gan for a wander and set up anywhere for the neet (commando style ) ?

by commando style, you talking about your knife and a couple of things in your pockets, or you including a tent/hammock/bivvy, sleeping bag and other basics in a rucksack?

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
i think Northumbrian means "stealth camping" or as i call it, "black op's bushcraft".....

chris..

spade adam jsut south of kielder is a good place, loads of woodland, good 10 miles of it.. it next to he RAF base and and the occasional cottage which makes it a good place for the stealth approach, it is still below the border so your not 'supposed' to do wild camping, and your not 'supposed' to cut down trees and have open fires.

ALthough there is plenty of deadfall too

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
that sounds a canny place, me and wor kid used to jump over the border and gan to loch ken for a few days camping and fishing. by stealth camping i meant just camping for the night with no fire apart from maybe's a hexi stove or a hobo cooker dug in the earth out of site and leaving no trace in the mourning.
cheers ANDREW.

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
In that case theres a load of woods around stannington about 15miles north of newcastle. It's a pretty quiet area despite being right next to the a1 , if you check google maps and street view theres a fair few potential spots

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
seeing as no one else is enamoured by the subject of pies :nono:
you could try holystone woods/common near rothbury. clean water supply , more wildlife than a very wildlifey thing and contains a reasonable example of upland juniper woodland. :aargh4:

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
In that case theres a load of woods around stannington about 15miles north of newcastle. It's a pretty quiet area despite being right next to the a1 , if you check google maps and street view theres a fair few potential spots
i think that land is part of the blagdon estate and viscount ridley is apparently not too keen on that sort of thing. (not that i'm condoning this sort of thing, extra sneaky time!)

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Yeah there are just hundres of spots to choose from here! Only trouble is, finding the right one! Any amount are so close to outlying towns and villages, so you have a chance to be sharing the camp fire with some 13-15 year old **** heads with their white star cider bottles!

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
Yeah there are just hundres of spots to choose from here! Only trouble is, finding the right one! Any amount are so close to outlying towns and villages, so you have a chance to be sharing the camp fire with some 13-15 year old **** heads with their white star cider bottles!

hmmm white cider that brings back sooo many bad and illegal memories of innercity teenage life. lol.
what about the tyne valley ?
As for the young uns just tax them lol ( frosty jacks was my poison . lol )

Last edited:

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Well im positive they all can be avoided. Nothing a few well placed man traps and Claymore mines wouldnt fix!!!! LOL.

So anyway! If anyone fancies a little walk around my humble territory one day let me know! Would be glad to show you around. Now that ive passed as a Walk for life leader now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE