North East

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
hi arniet1 i just been to pick up a wardrobe for a friend from esh did nt realise you have a nice looking piece of woodland on your door step never realised esh was surrounded by so much countryside even though ive lived in durham all my life.
welcome aboard and hope you can make it the next brockers meet

andy

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Just like to add for all the newcomers..Keep your eyes open for some local meetings In Brockwell! Watch for the thread as you will meet our most colourful characters in there!!

Jul 28, 2012
south shields
I've been to Brockwell before, really nice place,friendly people too , so if anybody is thinking about heading over there in the near future please let me know as i would love to come along,
I've only ever been there by myself , which is great, but it would be nice to head out with a few like minded individuals.
Good craic guaranteed haha :)

M

Member no more

Hi Andy. Yep there's some good forestry and wooded areas all around, and right on my doorstep an ancient wooded area with the foundation of an 11th century manor and stables and moat once also apparently the place passed by romans at some point earlier, probably en-route to lanchester and beyond. I don't really go out around here much as I used to, but tried setting up a bushcraft group here several years ago and no one seemed interested. There's a range of tree types from silver birch, chestnut, willow, oak and in the main forest mostly conifer and I'm not sure if its Scots Pine. The areas tend to be very muddy and have seen damage on the tracks running through, from the odd quad/trail biker though not regularly used as far as i know. There are a few almost hidden gem areas mind you and maybe good for a few small gatherings away from the areas that teenagers drop their cans!!
The forestry is under national trust woodlands management i believe, someone like that can't exactly remember name as been sometime since was out walking and biking around. But anyone intersted in having a look out for a recce give me a shout and I'll pm my mobile number.

hi there I'm from middlesbrough and I'd love some good recommendations on places to go, heading to guisbrough woods then over towards kildale via great ayton later in the month, but would love to know some more good places I can sling my hammock up,

glad to see so many people from this area on here :)

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
hi to all ive just moved my family to the north east , fishburn to be exact. im wondering if there are any get togethers in my local areas. i'm wanting to learn more bushcraft skills to go with what i allready know any help would be great

gaz1210

Feb 13, 2013
Durham
www.facebook.com
now then! Northeast, gaz here I live in chester le street and I'm earning my money as a woodland manger at a cool little privately owned wood near Consett, i've always dabbled in bush craft and charcoaling etc as it goes hand in hand with my back ground in horticulture blagh blagh, anyway it would be cool to get to know a few people that are in to the same thing and i have a wood to play in as well!, i met up with rancid badger today and he is a cool dude!

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
now then! Northeast, gaz here I live in chester le street and I'm earning my money as a woodland manger at a cool little privately owned wood near Consett, i've always dabbled in bush craft and charcoaling etc as it goes hand in hand with my back ground in horticulture blagh blagh, anyway it would be cool to get to know a few people that are in to the same thing and i have a wood to play in as well!, i met up with rancid badger today and he is a cool dude!

Thought i best introduce myself then. Give me a shout mate if your out and about and will do my best to catch up with you! Nathan and myself hope to get out on a wee bit stroll soon i hope but ive had a hectic few weeks!

Nathan thank for the shout dude! Should be out soon for that brekky tag and then your it! lol!

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
cool well i'm new to the area and bushcraft, so do you you know of any woods local where we could go camping or a day whittling etc be good to meet you

Apr 7, 2013
Sunderland
Hi
I’m new to the site live in Newcastle upon Tyne, not been out in the wilds for a while as I’m riddled with arthritis from laying in too many snow holes and wet scrapes when I was younger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE