Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Mountain Warehouse coming to Norwich next to Jarrolds on London street. Great place for clothes.

15th Oct weekend, normal meet up at thickthorne, just need the numbers

Smoke Magnet Dave
Steven Spielberg Dave
Forgot about last time so didn't bring the snozzers Whittler Kev
Back from sailing the 7 seas Crowe

and........................... .....................

norfolkjohn

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2010
norwich norfolk
Just checked my duty rota am working AGAIN ! ! law of averages say's i must get to one sooner or later.
Have a great one maybe see you on the next meeting ?
I now have most of what i need and it would great if i could exchange ideas and get any tips or advice.

Last edited:

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I went over to rapps place in cambs on Thursday we chatted for a long time and it was nearly midnight before we headed to the so called woodland to set up camp. It's an orchard mate I said but I'm tired so here's the adventure. Finding at 12am in the dark a place suitable to ridge up tarp and hammock. Among tall nettles too. Well the brow of the trees were the only option. And soon we had our camp set including an open fire. Mind you with the apples keep falling and in the back of my mind of the panther sighting reports, I laid awake all night and managed to miss the hammock after nipping to loo. Ouch those nettles. Apart from that we had a good day afterwards rigging his new shed in the heatwave.

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/...iew&current=100_2805.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Well only two weeks to go, looks like we are the only ones going,

Communal cooking as usual, I have some chunks of bacon, thought of trying one of those mountain man breakfasts in the dutch oven.

Any ideas for dinner

the smoke magnet

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guys not been around for a while, not even in Norfolk anyomre Boo hoo!

I should say the photo

What Globetrotter didn't say is I was trying an idea, as he says there were few hanging points so in the dark I piled up a few fallen branches and used them as a attachment point which was risky but I thought I'd give it a go, main problem, too much angle so whilst sleeping I slipped down the hammock and bum sat on floor. otherwise sucsessful, by the way I did see a big cat a few days ago, an escaped "Bengal cat".
100_2805.jpg

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi

Had a tidy up and dug fire pit and built a nice little rocket stove to cook on, took pic's but can't seem to get them on to the site.

I works a dream too.

Smoke magnet

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Wow that looks great, hope I can still make the weekend. I'm laid up at home and feeling pretty rough. Will confirm by text Dave if I can't make it.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi

GT sorry to hear you not feeling too good there is a bug going round at the moment laying loads off work.

A Santa Kev is it, can't wait............

So who is coming, meet at Thickthorne as usual about 9-30 to go, Kev are you going straight there and GT do you need picking up or shall we see you there too.

I will do a mountain man breakfast on Sunday morning, who is doing dinner Saturday evening and Kev are you Snorker man again.

kind regards

Smoke magnet.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I'm feeling better but very drained. I will be coming Saturday and meet at thickthorn not staying overnight, I'll bring some cakes.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Been to Blackpool to see the lights (SWMBO treat :240:)
I'll see you all at the wood.:)
Is the drive nice and hard?:drive:
Are you taking your big stew DO pots Dave? :confused:
If you are, I can bring some food for Sat evening and the Snozzies etc :bigok:. My treat for all this weekend:grouphug::campfire:
Going out with SWMBO Sunday as it was her 50th earlier in the week and our 30th anniversary on Monday :surrender:so can't stop over unfortunately. :(

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
bags packed and im leaving early morning before anything else stops me getting out, Wife managed to cut her head in a fit last night seems ok now but needs monitoring etc, so junior is looking after her, im coming for most of the day.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Today was off to a great start with two of us getting small cuts to our hands but it didnt stop us having a great day.

A few photo's from today.

Dave with his Rocket stove
100_2815.jpg

top marks mate.

Kev in fish-nets

100_2818.jpg

Hey kev nice to see you relaxed.

relaxing around the rocket stove

100_2822.jpg

a great day despite not able to stay over, looking forward to the next one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE