Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Not to worry if it's only the two of us mate - I can talk enough toot to make up the difference
:lmao: :lmao:

It's cool mate, we''ll make up for the other 150 odd lurkers!:rolleyes:

It's difficult trying to get things going and organised when you don't know how many people are interested or if they're interested.

I sort of have sympathy for my old scout leaders now, we never thought much of them, but actually getting camps sorted must have been a nightmare when some kids only turned up on the day, and others never bought back the parents forms etc. and that's in the times before red-tape! i can't see they'd bother now.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Just thought I'd remind people that it's not all just talk we do camps and meet up!
this is a list of Guy's interested in the group a coupl of years ago

tarp city! at Garvestone
2006_0806Image0001.jpg

Gear guru and Kev-b doing the hand drill
2006_0806Image0002.jpg

Biddlesby making an Elder hearthboard.
2006_0806Image0010.jpg

Me, Weekender, and Snufkin, at Bacton woods
2007_0228Image0005.jpg

Me , Jay Jay, and Kev-B front.
Kev-B is cooking wood pigeon.
x1pdXMbD-RMMPxMDaydhB5pnXUqeWD1ZpLpo-Og3VmbVjUsHXG0ZFfx_l7byHdoW-egcL5tSr7FsyUoTSMw1mdbE4p6Yfzi9AmhsDgpAqULth8

So as i say we do, do stuff we just need to know if you're up for it!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
My knee is improving slowly but I can't commit to anything yet. I would love to have a poke around the Hethel site. I'll give you a definitive answer mid week. Not being able to get out has had me knifemaking though. A nessmuk and a french style trade knife so far and I plan to do a convex grind whittler and an english style trade knife tomorrow:) .

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
still here,shuold be lord lurker not lurcher:lmao: sorry cant do next weekend as got other commitments:( hopefully issues in my personal life will settle down soon and i'll be able to make firm commitments. rich, your efforts are very much appreciated:You_Rock_

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Lord Lurcher and Snufkin, Both situations understood! Honestly!

A nessmuk and a french style trade knife so far and I plan to do a convex grind whittler and an english style trade knife tomorrow

You would really get get on with Damascus! he also makes knives!
I'm guessing Damascus is also lurking! eh? (come out wherever you are!;) )

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Thought id better reply before Rappelby uses even bigger capital letters!!Unsure yet weather i can make any of the suggested dates..i will keep an eye on the thread though.Any of you lot heard of Foxley wood on the Fakenham-Norwich road?Might be good venue?No fires but still an interesting wood with lots of wild plants and ancient coppice.Also lots of dead birch(tinderfungus anyone?).Laters.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Thought id better reply before Rappelby uses even bigger capital letters!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
they don't make them any bigger! LOL:You_Rock_

Age and infirmity preclude over-nighters unfortunately.
I Am married with 3 young kids, so I rarely get to go out too! (apart from when I'm let out! :rolleyes:)

Any of you lot heard of Foxley wood on the Fakenham-Norwich road?
Foxley wood indeed is a nice wood! i see no reason why we can't meet there! I worked with a guy who used to stay overnight there occasionally though again it was without a fire(or a very small contained one/stove).

I met at a place with Lordlurcher and his brother along with a couple of others which wood was that? that wasn't too far away and it was huge! it had birch and pine around it with a large heath in the middle of it.

Please new guy's don't take my soapbox rant to be personal, there are alot of people out there that could be adding to the group. It would be great to met up every weekend or midweek but it's dis-heartening when I don't get a reply.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Just to cheer you up Rich:) , I do keep abreast of this and unfortunately I will be in the peaks for a couple of weeks strolling over dem dare hill so i will not be coming.

Happy now:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:) yup happy!

:eek: embarasing as it is, My sister has decided to visit me from Germany next weekend 22nd oooooooohhhhhhhh :censored:

Lets just say I'm not best pleased!:banghead: :rant:

Sorry T1tch, :sad6:

anyone else want to suggest a day to meet?:sulkoff:

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I'm Back online and I see there's a lot of stuff to read. I have another new bag it's a

Podia Adventure Alaska with Podia Alpine back system, which allows multi positioning for comfort. will post photos soon

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Good to hear you're back again!
:cool: Not heard of it before but it sounds good!:)

I've just discovered Easter eggs on DVD's! probably a bit late but nice to find them (secret extras on DVD's that aren't obvious) :eek: yup i also found out they've also been around for years.

Oh that Tinder "Hoof" Funghi i found definately is the real thing it's now dried rock solid and takes an ember very easily!

Not seen you for a while globe trotter hows things? is the young'n on holidays?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi mate glad you found us!

you should have my PM by now!

well not much planned at present but we're getting there!

hopefully there'll be a meet in the next couple of weeks :)

got to go to bed now......zzzzz

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
:) yup happy!

:eek: embarasing as it is, My sister has decided to visit me from Germany next weekend 22nd oooooooohhhhhhhh :censored:

Lets just say I'm not best pleased!:banghead: :rant:

Sorry T1tch, :sad6:

anyone else want to suggest a day to meet?:sulkoff:

...and then there was one...

was it something I said? :puppy_dog

If anyone wants me I'll be sitting at the bottom of someone elses garden (I don't have one) eating worms...

Only Joking! No worries Rich - paraphrasing the well know phrase 'shtuff happens'

I'm trying to get my hands on a particularly nice neck pouch that of the guy's at my FT club uses for his pellets, a Nordic or Viking design if I'm not mistaken. I want to take it apart and see what makes it tick. Anyway he said I could have a look at it next weekend if I could make it, and now I can :)

As for other date's I'm on Lindisfarne for the week commencing 28th Feb so that weekend and the following one (28-29th Feb and 7-8th March) are out.

Right I'm off to hunt down them worms... wonder how they'd taste sautéed in garlic butter...

Have a good one Peeps

Mark

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi T1tch,
It's more embarassing for me cause i was trying to rouse everyone! boy do i look stupid!:eek:

(i know it's short notice)
if anyone is interested,I'm going of for a walk/play probably Mousehold heath, tomorrow! (Tuesday 17th Feb) if anyone wants to meet up.

The rest of my week is booked doing family / In-law stuff (the kid's half term).

Any more takers for tomorrow?, send me a PM so i can tell you where to meet,

Cheers

sorry I would like to come but I got to do a favor for my mate.

Wiring in extra plugs is'nt so fun especially when you dont get payed! (but I think I'll get dinner megh)

I'm going to have my holidays organised soon enough any dates down the tunnel that I should get off?

EDIT: I got my camera and camcorder back so I'll proberly take some pictures or video's of the woods I live near there are a lot of birds and squirels around here I doubt I will see annything bigger than a Hammster but you don't know you'r luck (so hey)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE