Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
cheers everyone! it's just starting to sink in.

Congrats Rappleby...A guard??? What do they expect to happen?

Inner city Kids! no seriously...they expect around 2000 kids :eek: this year and some won't be nice! basically i am doing a looky-no touchy display! I and they imagine some kids may want to "join in":rolleyes: in a less than friendly way(disruptive).

Could we have a Role call as to who we are expecting tomorrow:

so far I'm going (Rapp)
snufkin
and Lordlurcher
any more?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi The weather isn't great but I'm still planning on meeting, It'll be a who has the biggest tarp day! see you there:D

The traffic might be busy, but I'll get there ASAP.

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
...they expect around 2000 kids :eek: this year and some won't be nice!

...and I thought I had my work cut out with 300 scouts for a weekend!

I recon a very big shiny axe on prominent display might not be a bad idea - sort of my shank's bigger than yours kind of thing - that or two inches of Plexiglas :)

Hope you have fun in the woods guys, and the weather behaves for you - as I write I look out the window into a blizzard! (I went out to retrieve my wheely bin and in the 60 seconds it took, my swandri went completely white! Think the neighbours kid thought his snowman was walking off :D)

P

paintballvern

Hi decided not to come today as the white stuff was falling thick and fast, B*****R I was looking forward to it as well, so to the next meet......

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
It was a good meet, Only me and Rich unfortunately. The snow didn't settle over here but it did rain, snow and sleet all day. Had a nice wander around and watched a batchelor group of stags hanging out. I got a nice curved bit of cherry from a downed tree that should make a good ladle and found some crampball fungus on the way home.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Yup agreed!:D wet but cool!:cool:
nice meet, as we were saying the rain probably hid the sound we made so we got closer to the stags!
i took several photos/and video but none of them have a clear picture of the stags, sadly the camera decided to focus on the raindrops:(
the stags were amazing i think we counted about five fully grown (with antlers) and another younger one, but there may have been more.

We also did some Flint and steel fire lighting Snufkin bought along his collection of steels and home made knives! :You_Rock_ (very impressive! thanks again)

Not forgetting the Sinew backed hunting bow!

cheers
Rich

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Well, if you're going to be picky, a bow/bike! ;)

Snufkin and I siting out of the rain! note the raindrops in front of the camera!
n675721040_2547170_476.jpg

I pluged the camera into our TV and even though we were not far from the Stags they aren't really visible but the camera did manage one fuzzy picture, If you focus on the center of the picture you can see 1 stag, another stags backend, and another set of antlers see below:
n675721040_2547169_159.jpg

I guess just being there was better than any photo anyway.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
some more optional dates for the diary:

Friday 20th feb

Saturday 21st, Saturday 27th
or
Sunday 22nd, Sunday28th

How about an over-nighter? I think the best option is going to be at the Hethel site, as we can pretty much do what we want!(open fires, hammocks, etc)

Post back your best options

Cheers
Rich

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:BlueTeamE :swordfigh :red: :Wow: :sadwavey: :headbang: :aargh4: :twak: :slap: :nutkick: :AR15firin
Naked Ladies!!!!

Ok, know i have your attention,

would anyone like to meet up on the dates mentioned below? :rolleyes:

some more optional dates for the diary:

Friday 20th feb

Saturday 21st, Saturday 27th
or
Sunday 22nd, Sunday28th

How about an over-nighter? I think the best option is going to be at the Hethel site, as we can pretty much do what we want!(open fires, hammocks, etc)

Post back your best options ASAP - Including the lurkers!;)

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Sorry for not replying sooner, I was waiting (lurking) to see what dates other people preferred.
I'm available the first weekend (20th-22nd) at the moment - so any part of that would be good for me - The second one I'm supposed to be in Northumberland.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Guy's I've got a half term(for the kids next week when I think i'll be busy, though the weekend should still be free (20th-22nd) My wifes Great aunt died recently so we may have a funeral to go to in the near future (which may fall on 20-22nd :confused: ).

since talking to Snufkin about good times to do one of our weekend over-nighters in April which seems a good idea(i haven't forgotten your £10! :sad6: ).

I'd love to take you guy's to the Hethel site can we go there next? prehaps over the weekend 20-22nd! it's a cool Place!

I've been making a new lid for my crusader cup, I've added a Canvas webbing strap rather than a metal handle for two reasons: 1) less noise, 2) it won't get hot!
And i drilled some drain holes to pour water without taking lid off to save water/heat. (i may add a swing cover to reduce steam loss).
n675721040_2579152_293.jpg

Here are the drain holes working! I've curved the lip so the lid can almost be held at 90 degrees.
n675721040_2579153_608.jpg

Hope you like the pics!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
My old knee injury is playing up so I don't want to do anything to aggrevate it. Hopefully it'll settle down soon but I doubt I'l be up to much next weekend.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I've just started a fitness plan and my legs are aching too!
I found a Keep fit plan in a book from 1986 and thought I'd give it a go!

Your story about the 300 Mile bike ride has made me think i should be fitter really!

Just got some new Merrels today so cross country running here we come!

It looks like 22nd is the most likely day I'll have totally free!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
guy's with the best intent meant,
Please stop Lurking!
I know loads of people Lurk on this thread,

Even if you are housebound, or can't get to any of the meets please respond! or the thread will start to look very much like a ghost town and when that happens nothing is organised!

If anyone would like to meet on the 22nd Please tell me ASAP,
so far only T1tch and I are meeting.

I need to know if it's worth organising stuff!

yes it's ****e weather, and we all have to work but please get involved!

I'm not going to bother organising overnight meets for 1 or 2 people.

rather than Lurking I need to know if there is an interest!

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Not to worry if it's only the two of us mate - I can talk enough toot to make up the difference :p

Joking aside - Rich has a serious point - this thread has had over 1500 views, so even if only 10% of those views are people interested in a meet in this area that still gives 150 people - heck even if it's 1% that’s still enough for a meet!

Come one peeps have some pity - I've been cooped up in the house for far too long - much longer and I'll be stringing my hammock across the lounge and experimenting with carpet as a tinder source!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE