Norfolk and Norwich Group

Hi had the op yesterday, really not bad at all! :headbang:

someone must be looking down on me! as I have virtually no pain at all! (had 2 paracetamol today that's all!)
it just feels like I've pulled a muscle overdoing sit-ups!

I reckon I'll be walking kids to school again within a few days!

4 weeks rest...pah!:lmao:

BTW:sigh: loads of Viruses going around on facebook! be very careful, I'm presently trying to get rid of several Malware Packer and Trojans!
I keep getting flagged Microsoft security stuff which i reckon must be fake as it then gives you files to open.
oh there's some bad people out there!:nono:

hope to see you all soon!

BTW Globetrotter could you get me a pack of the "fake" Para-cord you showed me from the cheapy shop and I'll pay you next time I see you, cheers mate.

Damn I didnt know you went to the doctors sorry dont know what to say my Brains are all melted from working long hours and playing games (well lack of sleep) hope it all gets better for ya.
oh yeah visit http://www.download.com and look for AVG free antivirus and zone alarm firewall thats what i use and i get no viruses or trojans etc.
All the best mate

YO YO REELS

Damascus 2
Crowe 1
Mitch 2

one remaining from the 6 I have coming

Damn still no one tells me what a yoyo reel is?

Oh yeah any one intrested in my old bag
im tempted to give it to rappleby2000 if ya intrested?

DSCF0423.jpg

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Well it's a nice bag! I don't really have much to swap any more and I don't have spare cash either... it's probably worth a fair bit if you sell it mate!
(though it would go with my 1980's circa kit...hmmmm) oh, I don't know...we'll have to talk.
cheers for the heads up.

oh by the way I downloaded a couple of anti virus/Trojan/ad-ware/mal-ware programs they seem to have done the trick (both are free)!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and Ad-Aware

Well it's a nice bag! I don't really have much to swap any more and I don't have spare cash either... it's probably worth a fair bit if you sell it mate!
(though it would go with my 1980's circa kit...hmmmm) oh, I don't know...we'll have to talk.
cheers for the heads up.

oh by the way I downloaded a couple of anti virus/Trojan/ad-ware/mal-ware programs they seem to have done the trick (both are free)!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and Ad-Aware

lol the 2 i use are free as well also make sure to keep windows up to date that will help aswell i managed to get a virus on my pc had to reformat in the end oh well

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Congrats on the 1000th post Rich.Nice one.
As for facebook viruses...my wife uploaded some pics of my daughter recently using a card reader and my 4gb card.
4gb's worth of pics now gone.Card got wiped.Coincedence??I am gutted as there was pics of my girl from birth that i cant replace.

Thats a nice pack Kai.Very nice.

Docherty

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2010
Dorset
Launditch1, you should be able to recover some of that data if you take it to a really good computer shop or know a copper.
I've got a Suffolk Postcode but I'm right on the border, mind if I join in on some of your trips?

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
The more the merrier mate!Dont know when the next one will be but keep an eye on this thread.

Tell me more about this data recovery...Its my 4gb sdhd card.It will no longer work in my card reader and when i put it in my camera it says 'malfuntion, check card'.I know a copper..what can he do about it?

Docherty

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2010
Dorset
Well I know it's abit drastic, but the police are able to recover all kinds of electronic data from pc's/laptop's anything with a hard drive and a lot of memory systems - obviously helps them with evidence and that.
Data you delete from a computer is still on there, somewhere. Now I don't know about your camera's memory card but it'd be worth asking your bobby pal if he knows anyone who could recover it.

I leant a portable hard drive to someone who corrupted it when they unpligged it without shutting it down properly and I got 75 percent of the stuff back

Congrats on the 1000th post Rich.Nice one.
As for facebook viruses...my wife uploaded some pics of my daughter recently using a card reader and my 4gb card.
4gb's worth of pics now gone.Card got wiped.Coincedence??I am gutted as there was pics of my girl from birth that i cant replace.

Thats a nice pack Kai.Very nice.

You could try.....

http://www.download3000.com/download-sandisk-memory-card-recovery-software-count-reg-48419.html

Or something similar. Don't think it's specific to Sandisk. Problem with larger memory cards is you don't tend to download them that often, so if they do go down your most likely going to loose quite a few images. Remember the old adage... "digital information doesn't officially exist until it's in at least two places"!

Congrats on the 1000th post everyone. Second longest thread on the forum after this one...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13580&highlight=

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Had the best news today, I am officially cancer free, so as we discussed, an over night at Hethel. Those that went last week end were up for it, just need a date now June/July?

Let us know what dates you CAN"T go and take it from there.

all the best

D

Had the best news today, I am officially cancer free, so as we discussed, an over night at Hethel. Those that went last week end were up for it, just need a date now June/July?

Let us know what dates you CAN"T go and take it from there.

all the best

D

like i posted earlier im free 31/05/2010 to 15/06/2010 would be awesome in between that time frame
damn things look so bleak with these sort of things flying around

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just to let you know the meet at Little Abington has now been cancelled - message reproduced below

!WEEKEND CANCELLED!

I am sorry to say guys that there was some form of misunderstanding and these dates didnt get added to the diary for the camp site.

Im really sorry about this - we are welcome to try and re-book for another date but please dont be turning up on this weekend!

This time i will check and double check - i know its a pain and i am very disapointed, as i am sure you are (i hope no-one will be dreadfully inconvinienced) but we have found a nice site and id like to try to re-book as soon as we can.

Im not around for a few days but please spread the word.

:-(

List Update: = Badgeringtim - Thoth - R.lewis
LITTLE ABINGTON BUSHCRAFT MOOT II
PROPOSED DATE:Fri Night 28th - Sat 29th - Sun 30th MAY 2010
Site Fees Per Person = £3 Day Visit / £6 Fri-Sun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUSHCRAFTER MEET LIST:
Interested:
Badgeringtim -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock
Jimbob -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent
rickyamos -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock
R.lewis -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent/Tarp

taws6 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun??? Accommodation = ???
Thoth -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent

WolfCrafter -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock
Eel28 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent
Possibly Interested:
WhittlerKev
Cant Make It This Time:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:( Bad luck Kev, I've been there!:(

a few years back I organised one, and we arrived at a scout site set up the tarps etc.
only to find the loo's were locked! and the water turned off!

Cheers for organising anyway, hopefully they'll get us in ASAP.

Ask me in a week or two, I'm not well enough for off road stuff yet.

no worries i got a couple configurations to go on my tarp to try out will do that in the garden hope to catch some rays as well also hope the weather forecast is wrong

hey Rich got the tarp dvd from backpackinglight.co.uk if you want it its yours i know everything it has to teach me may as well pass it on.
also if you want it the old forces backpack i got you can have it with my fly rod if you want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE