Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
11924755_1186116741404188_7015270961478268878_n.jpg

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hi guys hope your all ok. Just thought I'd let you know that Zach has flown the coup. He's got an apprentiship as an outdoor pursuits instructor. And he's moved into a house in Horstead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
And so the world turns, I bet the house filsl empty and just as you get used to it they come home, eat your food and disappear again!

Ok on an update guys. I now have a hammock, a tarp and all gear and still haven't had a night out as last meet was cancelled please anyone feel free to contact Me if you fancy a night in the woods with a small fire and nature. Hope to hear soon.

small night out sounds like magic. do you have a place?

hi guys Been away in europe and whatnot.

Picked up one of these from a charity shop. Some bloke on etsy is selling his for £60!!!

Any idea what I should do with it? Leather is so stiff i'm not sure what I would put inside it. It's basically a leather box with belt loops
il_570xN.446142342_j2ur.jpg

roughly 7/8" x 2/3" i'd have to get a ruler out. Tins would be a best bet, especially if you actually wanted to use the loops. as it's so stiff you can't get your fingers in easily. Also the tins would have to be thin, the "combat survival tin" sold in all the army surplus places i got when i was a teenager doesn't fit.

Maybe I'll bring it to the next meet so you guys can check it out? :p

hazzard1701

Jun 24, 2015
norwich
Really craving a night out in the hammock now. I have all I need. Plus a spare scout hammock if anyone wants to come out but doesn't have a hammock. Any ideas or invites are welcome.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Really craving a night out in the hammock now. I have all I need. Plus a spare scout hammock if anyone wants to come out but doesn't have a hammock. Any ideas or invites are welcome.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

I want a hammock but don't have one yet, would bite your hand off to borrow one lol

Yeah I need a night out soon. Need to get some starlight in my eyes and a good campfire heat in my bones after all the S**t that has been happening recently.

as for wet forming, maybe, I'll show it to you

I've never hammock camped before, it seems to me some people go a little over board with insulation. How necessary is all of that gear? Seems to me I'd be better off staying on the ground with a decent bedroll and tarp?

I was thinking I could use one of those ultralight Mylar sleeping mats that just offer insulation underneath, a sleeping bag, the hammock and tarp, and then maybe some extra on top, such as a Czech army bed roll outer rigged up to keep the wind out.

Does this sound viable? I plan to try this asap before the weather gets too cold

I'd love to start hammocking. The ability to sit and put boots on, get dressed and keep my gear off the ground appeals to me. Combined with not spending 30mins dressing the ground

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE