Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Sorry we couldn't make it guys, I was really looking forward to it too. These things happen, I've felt rough the last couple of days as well as my eldest so just bad timing. Hopefully we'll get to the next one.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
e9ebapeg.jpg
e6a5aqut.jpg
ba5y4a2a.jpg
qejejaza.jpg

There you go Kev.

My reproofed Polish lavvu, small camp table and honey stove with 9" skillet cooking breakfast

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Camera, lost the photographs, oops

how about a Boone next time, but with a twist, you have to make your own pack to carry every thing.

Got the idea over the weekend, one of my 3 very grey cells was ticking, I was looking at the 58 pattern large pack I had my cook stuff in and fit it on a home made frame.

Or something maybe a little more home made?

just a thought!

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
We had a Boone weekend at Suffolk last year, and having a four nighter Boone this year, its good fun, and stretches the mind and gets you back to minimum kit :)

Well worth doing :)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
The rucksack challenge, kit to a minimum, there are plenty of threads on kit.

the rucksack, build your own, rough n ready or well made carrying frame to attach your kit sack and bedding.

i will make one to give you an idea and post a picture.

"A" frame, maybe an Otzi style, the more I think about it the more it intrigues me to what to make.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
i was also thinking of a wood based challenge for the next meet and the winner will get one of my Official Swiss army knife

Any ideas on this ?

Rabbitrex i did not have a roll mat in my hammock on one night and as a result got a cold back, thankfully i mananged to keep warm the next night due to Ricky and Dave's advice
Thank you guys for lending me my missing and unorganised equipment i shall be better prepared next time ! Thank you also to Rick for the lift as without this i would not have made it.

great weekend, defiantly wanting to go to the next meet

Regards Mandos

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
As a geriatric wimp, go on then roll matts!!!!!!!

Looked on line last night at the different styles of frames to be made, don't know where to start. It's not till April/May though, so plenty of time.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Is anyone else making a rucksack for the next meet, I'm now onto a Mark 2, a bit more adventurous, no pictures at the moment, camera playing up, needs a new battery, this one just keeps discharging.

Ive even started on my wooden spork!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE