Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Dave

I was think Hudson Bay pack roll, nice and easy if I can get hold of a good wool blanket

yna3eged.jpg

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
So For my kit list I'm going for the following:-

Czech army bedroll
Polish poncho lavvu with ground sheet
Crusader metal cup, with metal lid
58 pattern NATO water bottle
UCO candle lantern
fire steel, tin with char cloth
Honey stove
Laplander saw
MOD knife
Mora 911
Ti Spork
Food stuff
Wool blanket with paracord to roll it all up in.

does that sound about right?

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Ricky that doesn't sound a lot different to what you took last time? Shows me up I'm sure I brought tooo much that I didn't use. Haven't started putting anything together yet....mmmm

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
When is the next overnighter, ricky are you able to take me again ? :lmao: im not quite understanding the hole boone challenge yet some one with brains explain please :)

Mandos

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Yes two nights, no group meals, self catering and try and keep food as unrefined as possible, ie not boil in the bags etc

one Billie and a small skillet for me.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just had my air pump changed and they are now all......24v dagnabit. The battery pack for camping is over £200 :cussing:
May mean not doing overnighters for a while until I can sort a 400w 12v to 240v inverter (if it will run long enough off a 12v supply)
Here is Suffolks kit list

Last edited:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
That's good news kev twice the voltage half the current, I'll soon have the opportunity to get hold of some 12v battery's from work. I'll put two to one side for you. All you're need is a good 12v or 24v charger

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Kev, get a second bike battery and put them in series, that will give you 24volts, problem solved.
If only it was that easy. They don't appear to have a separate plug for battery as the main input (which is permanently joined to the transformer) appears to be the only input socket.

That's good news kev twice the voltage half the current, I'll soon have the opportunity to get hold of some 12v battery's from work. I'll put two to one side for you. All you're need is a good 12v or 24v charger
Cheers dude ;) I've got solar panel and optimates, etc

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Yo, Made up as just had the post office deliver a parcel from pickin_grinnin in Texas that was full of Santa treats.
A slab of Texas mesquite wood, a Zippo engraved with a Ray Mears quote in a heavy leather belt case, a life straw, a brass fire piston with lubricant and a spare O ring, a gigantic stainless mug and a Hudson bay tin complete with magnifying glass. Shocked? You betcha. Happy? Haven't stopped smiling yet ;)

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Wel I have done mine, pack that is, just got to tweek a few things, pleased with the result, no pictures, so when we all turn up no one has had the advantage of seeing anothers ideas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE