No Resupply

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Taiga

Oct 24, 2006
hertfordshire
Just read a book called Survivor about a man who was struck by lightening and was sent back to the stone age ,he only had the cloths he stood in.
Got me to thinking if I was in the same situation but had the chance to take kit with me what would I take as there would be no Resupply .
Any ideas.

rg598

Native
In order of importance:
My 12g O/U shotgun with a whole lot of ammo.
Full size axe
A large saw
A knife
A pot
Then all the other trinkets.
If there is no weight limit, I would also bring a large number of blocks of steel. I'll be the wealthiest man in the stone age. :)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Just read a book called Survivor about a man who was struck by lightening and was sent back to the stone age ,he only had the cloths he stood in.
Got me to thinking if I was in the same situation but had the chance to take kit with me what would I take as there would be no Resupply .
Any ideas.

Sounds interesting, a bit like the Island in the Sea of Time books by SM Stirling.
Who wrote it?

Never mind, found it, Robert Steele Gray.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere

If you could choose to take stuff with you then you wouldn't be in the same situation as the chap in the book..:rolleyes:
The interest in such a scenerio is just that, how would we fair without any of our modern day possessions. ;)

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
My buck woodsman
swiss army soldier penknife
Eka w11
Axe
Kfs
Trangia mess set (swiss army)
Hang on is is warm there or do I need a rain coat

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
was sent back to the stone age ,he only had the cloths he stood in.

That's not really being sent back to the stone age. Stone age people had houses, equipment and supplies. Not to mention friends and family. At no point would they have been left with just their clothes. Of course, they had the skill and knowledge to make and maintain all the material stuff, but I think even they would struggle if at any point they were deprived of all their equipment and friends at once.

Anyway, assuming no resupply, and living somewhere with forest and game:

A shotgun (first, learn how to use a shotgun...)
Snare wire (next, learn how to use a snare...)
Fishing equipment (not exactly expert here either...)
Axe
Knife
Fire kit
Tarp (gonna need shelter until I can build something decent)
Cooking pot

Realistically, I'd be in deep trouble!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
plasma rifle, and a team of short people that worship it, it's going all starwars.

Also I would take back the knowledge that time is a misconception of the concious mind and a creation in a reflex reaction to the fear of death, just like annorexia and its own fear of food is to admit ones own mortallity. Err. Then I would wake from my dream in only my underpants, and go camping with just these 5 items.

A metal knife
A metal container for cooking etc
A metal plough blade
A metal axe
A metal wood burning gizmo

theres a theme going there

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
What about clothes boots and motorcycle Hugh?

Don't start that - I'm resisting the urge for an 1887 12 bore at the moment

2008-09-01_chiappa-1887-lever-action-shotgun.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I think I'd want to take the most comprehensive and sophisticated medical and dental kit known to man, and the knowledge to use it..........................

This is not the answer I would have given just a few years ago, I hasten to add!...........................atb mac

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
If I knew it was a one way ticket with no chance of resupply very little of what I took would be off the shelf. It would be worth spending tens of thousands of pounds to make sure I had the most reliable and long lasting stuff. I would not bother with a fire arm other than maybe a single shot 22 rifle made by hand. The same would go for my clothing, sleeping and cooking stuff. I would take a rather large bag of seeds and such like and basic farming tools too. I would load myself down to bursting too. What would be the point in going all hardcore with a knife and cooking pot if you don't have to?

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I think I'd want to take the most comprehensive and sophisticated medical and dental kit known to man, and the knowledge to use it..........................

This is not the answer I would have given just a few years ago, I hasten to add!...........................atb mac

I was thinking along those lines too. If given the opportunity I would have rather a large quantity of that kind of stuff and other medical supplies such as antibiotics and such like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE