Nido milk powder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Yeah, that's the plan. If they refuse to reveal where the ingredients come from, they are on my DEAD-list.
The CEO of Nestle' is a . . . . oh hell, you'll figure it out if and when you care about the water you drink.

Lawry's is a condiment company in North America.
They flat out refuse to explain why their salt is laced with sugar.
This is a FACT which does NOT appear on the label.

Funny you mention Lawry's. I went with my son shopping for stuff he likes to eat while at home, and we had a look on spice mixes. Most had loads of sugar. Some did not mention it in writing, but we caw it on the Carbohydrate content.

I do not want to be anti US, but I feel that US made food contains way to many unnecessary chemicals and additives, compared to European food.

Nestle? Well, how do you become one of worlds biggest foid manufacturers? By adulterating food, teaching the consumer how much better their product is compared to "real" food, and super massive marketing.
Nice65 reinforces my point. Soybean? Added vitamins? In milkpowder? Why?

Edit: I am not a leftie treehugger, far from it, considering where I come from snd where I live.

Last edited:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Yeah, that's the plan. If they refuse to reveal where the ingredients come from, they are on my DEAD-list.
The CEO of Nestle' is a . . . . oh hell, you'll figure it out if and when you care about the water you drink.

The plan I was referring to was about acquiring some as opposed to the tangent you're on about.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
No Stew, I don't think that Nestle's is a tangent.
I believe that they are right down the middle, that they buy up
and have bought up all of the opposition.
Their global position has enabled them to become a threat in North America to water.
You folks are next.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Anyway, as Rich mentions, it's quite good in a ziplok bag with muesli or in bannock mix ready for adding water at camp :D

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
No Stew, I don't think that Nestle's is a tangent.
I believe that they are right down the middle, that they buy up
and have bought up all of the opposition.
Their global position has enabled them to become a threat in North America to water.
You folks are next.

No, it's a tangent steering the thread off course about a quite different topic. Perhaps start a new thread rather than turning this into something different.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Mod head on here guys whilst food manufacturing and food safety is a valid topic of conversation this thread has gone way off topic.

Some people interested in chipping in to the debate will miss it. Start a new thread if you want otherwise lets get back to the original conversation about milk powder.

I only use the stuff to make Bannock.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I'm glad the community seems to have a consensus that Nestlé are indeed evil and not worthy of our custom.
I thought I was alone on that one...

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Nestle' wants to be able to buy all the water that melts from the snowfields in the mountains around my house.
And, those SOB's expect me to pay them to get it back. Yeah. They really do. Stay home, sonny.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Not in the UK.

As this continues to go off topic, I'm assuming you mean Lawrys seasoned salt. The ingredients are fully listed in their products here in the UK. Correct me if I'm wrong on the "seasoned salt", it's all I can find on the internet.

"Salt, Sugar, Spices (Including Paprika And Turmeric), Onion, Cornstarch, Garlic, Tricalcium Phosphate (Prevents Caking), Natural Flavor, Paprika Oleoresin (For Color). Contains No Msg."

Tesco go a step further and list the cornstarch as being GM. If this is the same product, then your governments should also be lobbying for clarity. I'm playing devils advocate here. But, this being the same product, it is not a FACT which does NOT appear on the label.

"Ingredients:
Salt, Sugar, Spices (including Paprika and Turmeric), Onion, Modified Cornstarch*, Garlic, Tricalcium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Paprika Oleoresin (E160c), *Genetically Modified

Storage:
Store in a cool dry place.
Country of Origin:
United States

Additives:
Free From MSG (Glutamate)"

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Of course. The ingredients are fully listed here as well. As you can see, they are listed in order of concentration, which is the law.
What I pointed out is that they do not explain why their salt product needs sugar. Diabetics, take note.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Products fir different markets are made to suit the local palate. Take Lea and Perrins Worcester sauce. Huge difference between the English original one and the same brand and sauce, but made in the US.

I am quite surprised that Nestle Powdered milk contains Soya. On the US market, what does it contain?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Of course. The ingredients are fully listed here as well. As you can see, they are listed in order of concentration, which is the law.
What I pointed out is that they do not explain why their salt product needs sugar. Diabetics, take note.

So, a total contradiction of your post? It does appear on the label. In much the same way as ketchup, barbecue sauce etc include sugars. To add "diabetics, take note" simply reinforces my view you're being alarmist.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Not in the UK.

As this continues to go off topic, I'm assuming you mean Lawrys seasoned salt. The ingredients are fully listed in their products here in the UK. Correct me if I'm wrong on the "seasoned salt", it's all I can find on the internet.

"Salt, Sugar, Spices (Including Paprika And Turmeric), Onion, Cornstarch, Garlic, Tricalcium Phosphate (Prevents Caking), Natural Flavor, Paprika Oleoresin (For Color). Contains No Msg."

Tesco go a step further and list the cornstarch as being GM. If this is the same product, then your governments should also be lobbying for clarity. I'm playing devils advocate here. But, this being the same product, it is not a FACT which does NOT appear on the label.

"Ingredients:
Salt, Sugar, Spices (including Paprika and Turmeric), Onion, Modified Cornstarch*, Garlic, Tricalcium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Paprika Oleoresin (E160c), *Genetically Modified

Storage:
Store in a cool dry place.
Country of Origin:
United States

Additives:
Free From MSG (Glutamate)"

But on the Nutrition Information it days:

Calories: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 380
Sugar: 0
Fat: 0
Carbohydrates: 0

So the second largest ingredient is sugar, yet there is no sugar and no carbohydrates?

A little " misstake" made because they know it is the nutritional info that people read because it is easier to read?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
No, I can't bother to be "alarmist" as you are so willing to label me. I expected salt with "seasoning" herbs.

Such is not the case.
As you have shown, they show sugar and deny carbohydrates.
Do you hope to be a competent crap-detector or not?

As a diabetic, I expect to be able to find ingredients with some simplistic hope of displaying composition.
Some companies have no intent of making it ever so convenient for us other than to read the freakin' fine print on everything.
Does that do any sort of justice for anyone preparing their own food, other thatn what comes in a can?

Jul 29, 2016
Dundee
Most Asian supermarkets sell it and much cheaper than Tesco usually (£3.30 for small tin) It's a great product.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE