New Redback boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
With the soles giving out on my Blundstone boots after three years I thought I would try a different make. So i thought I would give a pair of Redback's a try these arrived today. After a day of use I have to say they are a nice comfortable and well made boot. The sole is stiffer than my old boots giving a supportive feel they also feel a bit heavier. It will be interesting to see how they wear in comparison to the Blundstone ?
By the way the Uppers on the Blundstones still have plenty of life in them its just the 10p size hole in the sole thats the problem.

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
I use both makes but I find the Redbacks much much wider than blunnies - I usually wear very thick socks with the Redbacks. They have a softer but sturdier sole than blunnies and I expect you will be pleased with them.
Somewhere in t'internet there is a comparison between the different fittings of these and RM Williams boots -I think on an Aussie site that sells them - sorry I can't find it though..

AussieVic

Forager
Jan 24, 2011
Victoria, Australia
I switched from blunnies to redbacks a few years back. I've been very pleased with them. I've found them just as long lasting and just as good as the old blunnies were.

I agree with bullterrier's comments, I think they may be a bit wider, but its not too big a problem for me.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
If you can't get your Blundstones resoled then you could fill in the hole with SHOE GOO then cover it ( it's not really needed but the repair will last longer ) with a piece of thin rubber again using the SHOE GOO to stick it.on.........prehaps they won't be solid enough to cross the Sahara with but at least they will still be usable for general use.:D.......

This ain't no spam for SHOE GOO either, despite appearences :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE