Austrian Feldschuh Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WolverZor

Jun 3, 2023
United Kingdom
I tried to buy 'Steinadler' boots however they had a hard time getting through customs and the order was cancelled. Is there any other way I can get my hands on that style of Boot? I live in the UK as well instead of Austria. I've managed to find this: http://army-warehouse.com/10-servicecard-artikel/118-bh-feldschuhe-i-leicht-feldstiefel-neu.html however I'm not sure is the site is shady or not and the quality of the boots. Would anyone also know how I'd be able to actually make sure the boots get to me instead of just getting stuck?

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
There are some UK outlets that sell used Austrian combat boots (of various grades & both lined & unlined versions) & they regularly pop up on eBay UK. If you want new boots, then taking a chance on an Austrian site would be your only option but again, may get caught in customs.
The site you linked seems to be OK as they also have an eBay store with 100% positive feedback.
Only one snag, they don't appear to sell outside of Austria.

Their eBay shop https://www.ebay.at/itm/19303551797...xP63pbI9ZD4ppe3PEWfQWDyN1M|tkp:Bk9SR47ygPGRYg

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Try Varusteleka, they often have Austrian kit

Sent from underground

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The shop you asked about is a small business. I didn't buy there yet but talked to the guy relatively long via telephone. I am convinced that he is absolutely serious and guess that he will deliver to the UK.
He only can sell what he gets though.
But he also can sell you boots that are made by Steinkogler, not all that he offers are made by them though. Steinkogler currently has no contract with the Austrian army, because he isn't willing to deliver for so low prices. Most officers surely wear them nevertheless.

Steinkogler is a maker. Probably the best mountain boot maker in the German speaking countries, by the way.
If needed you can get there with appointment the civil like the military models made to your individual measures as well. You have of course to go there if you want individual measures. The standard boots they surely send you directly but you get them somewhere else as well, I think exclusively in Austria though. Different to the competition they don't want to become a world wide operating low quality business. That stays a little factory where the master still knows what his guys are doing. He has approximately 30 employees. But that's why they surely also will serve an individual British client with pleasure.

Don't buy the modern looking, relatively cheap last model that's made by Voelkl.
The Austrian army made a heavy fault here. They fall in pieces within the first days. Yes. First days, not month. They are constructed for the conscription service and throw away shoes, but unfortunately constructed too weak. It's a disaster. The cheap 9nes that usually come from Voelkl aren't sewn but glued and look like this:

As Austria still has a conscription army there are waves of young soldiers who get issued the new ones and immediately run in order to buy the old models privately.

Voelkl was a little German quality boot maker who made the still offered models Rotwand and Profi. When the owner became too old the enterprise was bought by a East German working boot maker who delivered throw away boots also to the German army and went bankrupt after they stopped conscription. Voelkl was saved and inherited machines from the other part of the enterprise that are the so called Safari line. That's the throw away stuff that's based on the German and now even cheaper Austrian army boots. The result is that you get there high end quality boots in classical stile and modern looking garbage from one and the same enterprise.

Reck in Germany also makes similar boots, the cold war German army models are still offered there. Reck is relatively unknown because most of their business is sewing together pre made and delivered pieces for Hanwag. Reck still offers own models though.
They are even smaller than Steinkogler.
They also would try to work with your individual measures. The German army issued these boots in different widths. You could ask them if it's OK if a British orthopedic shoemaker took the measures.
So far I know Reck is the last maker for the classical high quality German army boot models of the cold war era. Unfortunately the website is a bit stressful to use, but it works.
They don't change that because they have more to sew than they are able to manage. If you want to start working there they will surely employ you immediately. Their clients know very well what they want anyway, that's some kind of secret tip No1.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE