Poor quality boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have not bought a new pair of boots in a very long time, I just hunt around the charity shops and if necessary get them resoled.

Reactions: RumTom
Mar 15, 2024
Essex
I have not bought a new pair of boots in a very long time, I just hunt around the charity shops and if necessary get them resoled.

Thanks - I usually do the same and have always been pleased with what I've got but I like the idea of supporting small businesses and wearing natural fibres where possible but there's a (hefty) price that comes with that!

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
If I can just clear something up about vibram soles. They are their own company and all they do is make soles, either generic or to a certain spec. The glueing/stitching is down to the manufacturer or cobbler, and the cheap boots are always done terribly. I do feel their doing themselves a disservice by putting their name on cheap footwear but they are the world leader in production of soles.

So… just because it says Vibram on the sole it does not directly mean that the boot attached to it is of the same quality.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE