New Map for members

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Squidders said:
and because of your good fortune, you should be made to suffer in other ways... I think it's called karma. :wink:

Where's this place 'Karma'? It's not on the BCUK map! and I can't find it on Multimap :eek:):

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
Yes, I'm putting in my vote for a world map. One that places South America in the center of the world like it should be. If it wasn't for World Cup football we'd be forgotten altogether. Mac

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Pict said:
Yes, I'm putting in my vote for a world map. One that places South America in the center of the world like it should be. If it wasn't for World Cup football we'd be forgotten altogether. Mac
You volunteering to code it? :wink:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Maybe it should be a big map of the UK then a small one of the world and a small one of Europe, or maybe a small one of North America, that way all our European and American members can give us an idea of where they are.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Without knowing my guess would be that Kath, Tone and Adi are too busy right now, finishing the new site... :?:

But I agree though, a world map where one could search for the members, by name or starting letter. :eek:):

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
We could go one better and have veryone list their favorite grind, sleep method etc and we could have a world map showing the distribution of various preferences and maybe see some trends developing.

I'm trying to think of more and more work for Giancarlo here :rolmao:

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I was going to say Squids... cheers!

it's on the cards... just not yet.. not the easiest thing in the world do do..
When I do, it will be like Arctic Hobo thinks, the small UK existing map will stay as is, but a world map will be on a screen "before" it.. i'm not going to re-plot all the UK members on a new map.. and i'm sure people don't want to re-add themselves again.
I'll move the existing non-UK members over to the new world one... although they may need to reposition themselves.

Needless to say, It's on the cards and i am thinking about doing it soon... just a bit harder to edit / redo than people think..

sorry guys :)

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
Code the map? No I don't have no skills... Besides when I was done nobody would agree with my view of the world.

I do appreciate the work such things take. If you want to look me up on a world map I'm in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Its the third largest city in Brazil and nobody has ever heard of it. Mac

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have a very nice world map if anyone's interested... it's big but very well laid out and clear.

If anyone wants it I can upload a zip file of it to my site... at present it's an uncompressed tiff file but I could gif or jpg it for anyone I guess.

Joe

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
cheers squids,

Drop me a pm with the link in, i'd like to have a look

I have actually made a world map version, but there was a bit of an issue with how to do the sizes... it may need a "european" version too etc.

i might post a link to it soon to let peeps have a look / play.... there's a link to the world map image it uses somewhere on here... might be earlier in this thread actually..

cheers
Carlo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE