Hello from Sheffield :-)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jenfie

Feb 11, 2022
Yorkshire
Hi everyone. I'm really excited to have found this site as it seems to be such a useful treasure trove of information. I've been lost in the forums for the last few days and am appreciating the grounded, common-sense advice from many of the members here - which is often missing from many online channels/communities which seem to be more about amping up fear and selling stuff.

I live in Sheffield and am really new to both bushcraft and prepping, but increasingly passionate about both given current world events. I'm enjoying how it's supporting me to engage more in the material world and learn more skills. I've so much to learn but very much seeing it as an adventure. I'm not the most practical naturally so I'm finding it very growthful to actively work on these parts of myself that have been neglected since birth, and finding it very rewarding.

I am looking forward to taking part in the discussions here and hopefully meeting friends - maybe a partner too. I don't have many people to talk about all this stuff with and increasingly I find myself wanting to. Very delicious to read so many posts from men who have their heads screwed on, know how to take responsibility for themselves and are good with their hands! I'm currently single having got divorced a few years ago and am looking for a partner who lives near me and has an interest in all these things - who is awake to what is happening in the world right now and the wider agendas at play. Just thought I'd put that out there, because why not! If you don't ask you don't get!

Anyway, thanks for putting this site together, it's taught me so much already. I look forward to meeting people over time.

Jen

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Hi and welcome, Jen! Spending time outdoors is always good for the soul, but especially so when things are a bit unsettled. I find bushcraft activities are great for slowing you down and allowing you to spend more time in one place just absorbing what's around you, without the urge to be on the move setting in. I suggest picking a bushcraft activity that speaks to you and go out in a bit of nature that's nearby and just give it a go, have fun and enjoy.

Reactions: jenfie and Toddy

jenfie

Feb 11, 2022
Yorkshire
Hi and welcome, Jen! Spending time outdoors is always good for the soul, but especially so when things are a bit unsettled. I find bushcraft activities are great for slowing you down and allowing you to spend more time in one place just absorbing what's around you, without the urge to be on the move setting in. I suggest picking a bushcraft activity that speaks to you and go out in a bit of nature that's nearby and just give it a go, have fun and enjoy.
Thank you! It's so easy to just take in too much knowledge and not actually do it in practice - it seems to me that the key to doing this well is to gradually do more and more of this stuff in the real world and not on a computer. So I like this advice a lot, thank you.

Reactions: SaraR

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Hello and welcome Jen from a fellow Sheffielder !
You'll love BCUK, theres tons of very knowledgeable people, some great info and it's very well maintained by the mods.
Luckily, we have some nice areas in and around Sheffield to get out.
ATB
Pete.

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Hi everyone. I'm really excited to have found this site as it seems to be such a useful treasure trove of information. I've been lost in the forums for the last few days and am appreciating the grounded, common-sense advice from many of the members here - which is often missing from many online channels/communities which seem to be more about amping up fear and selling stuff.

I live in Sheffield and am really new to both bushcraft and prepping, but increasingly passionate about both given current world events. I'm enjoying how it's supporting me to engage more in the material world and learn more skills. I've so much to learn but very much seeing it as an adventure. I'm not the most practical naturally so I'm finding it very growthful to actively work on these parts of myself that have been neglected since birth, and finding it very rewarding.

I am looking forward to taking part in the discussions here and hopefully meeting friends - maybe a partner too. I don't have many people to talk about all this stuff with and increasingly I find myself wanting to. Very delicious to read so many posts from men who have their heads screwed on, know how to take responsibility for themselves and are good with their hands! I'm currently single having got divorced a few years ago and am looking for a partner who lives near me and has an interest in all these things - who is awake to what is happening in the world right now and the wider agendas at play. Just thought I'd put that out there, because why not! If you don't ask you don't get!

Anyway, thanks for putting this site together, it's taught me so much already. I look forward to meeting people over time.

Jen
hi and welcome I'm also s\yorks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE