New law on knives for under 18?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
That's quite frankly an idiotic decision. Any person that could possibly use a knife against another person is not going to take any notice of any new measures and the only people that will be hindered by such a change will be lawful people using blades for harmless recreation. I truly believe that any new regulations would be passed solely to appease the public rather than to get anything positive done and, being the cynic that I am, I find this to be a sad reflection of the powers that be in this country.

Ho hum.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
SquirrelBoy said:
Can you imagine being caught with a few craft tools, bag full of hexi tabs,cotton wool soaked in vaseline, snare wire... on the way to or from a wood - `Of course you were sonny,now lets have a chat back at the office...`

I know what you mean, I live near Gatwick.

Last summer, I was driving into the T5 site at Heathrow, to do a mornings work before going on to help DG out with one of his WildLife courses. I remember being on the phone to my mum, and said to her that I may have to call her back as I was about to go through security.

She said that it wasn't like I had a load of "weapons" in the back of the truck. "ahem" said I, remembering the selection of bows, arrows, knives, axes etc that I had stashed in the back.

Luckily the T5 security will let anyone through as long as you wave and smile :wink:

Wonder how the police would have reacted to my attempts to fashion arrowheads from glass bottle bottoms that I carried with me on the way home :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE