New knife being born...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
stunning Knife,great choice of handle scales and great workmanship

Cant wait till Stu gets started on a knife I ordered from him a while ago . Umm guess it will be another 8 or 9 months yet.
Never mind I will just keep reading this thread over and over and over again untill its my turn :)

PS; If your reading stu mine was the sambar ubk :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well, got these images off Stu last night....

001-1.jpg

0032-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

0052.jpg

0062.jpg

007-1.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
As you can see from his pics, the old cofee table is still awaiting the french polishers, so I took some more when it arrived this morning on a prettier background... although my camera is stuffed as I dropped it in a puddle, so apologies for the quality.

DSC08536.jpg

DSC08535.jpg

DSC08537.jpg

DSC08534.jpg

This is my new favourite. Everything is perfect and Stu matched the lines of the grind to the top of the ramp perfectly so everything flows evenly. The new engraving is really nice. Fit, finish, grind are micron perfct as you'd expect from Stu. The bone feels oily and grippy and the piece chosen has turned out exactly how I pictured it when I ordered the knife (which is a miracle considering the patternation is hidden until you start shaping and grinding it).

The tapered tang and blade are balanced perfectly too and really show off the knifemakers skill...

DSC08539.jpg

The leather is by Dugan (Rapidboy) and perfectly compliments Stus work, as it is, like the knife, flawless. Really thick and luxurious saddle leather.

This is my favourite knife by far now, and I don't think the design can be improved in any way. Cheers Stu.

DSC08540.jpg

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Wow, that's a thing of beauty!

It looks too good to use.

The poor knife will soon be slumming it in some damp rainy wood...

Shame.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Cracking knife Jonathan a nice piece of craftsmanship by Stuart. When you are on one of your meets whose the first lucky blighter you are going to lend it to? :yikes:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
lovely looking knife mate, absolutely ideal for all you great big flappy fingered types!
i look forward to having a fondle the next time i see you, see if the full flat takes away some of the weight that i'm not so keen on.
btw that giraffe looks stunning, does it feel as nice as the sambar?

stuart

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
lovely looking knife mate, absolutely ideal for all you great big flappy fingered types!
i look forward to having a fondle the next time i see you, see if the full flat takes away some of the weight that i'm not so keen on.
btw that giraffe looks stunning, does it feel as nice as the sambar?

stuart

The bone and grind take away much of the weight that you felt with my sambar version. The giraffe bone feels just like dense sambar to be honest. It's tough stuff. I'll be bringing it to the next meet so you can have a play.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Beautiful Jon & stu, beautiful,

I have one just like it coming from the far east (sorry - poor taste :eek:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE