New Issue Sleeping Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
looks very good, like a mummy down bag but not down.

Lofts very well, so much so its hard to put back into the stuff sack.

The zip goes down further, the hood is better and more enclosed, with a face hole, very much improved on the last bag, looking forward to see how it performs...:)

5c28fda9-cdba-0605.jpg
5c28fda9-cdca-fc00.jpg
5c28fda9-cddf-bd4a.jpg
5c28fda9-cdf3-4c01.jpg
5c28fda9-ce09-8f18.jpg
5c28fda9-ce24-a51e.jpg
5c28fda9-ce34-00b1.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Conan257

Jan 21, 2011
Lincoln
Is this standard issue now across the forces?

Any chance I can hand my old one back in? Would save me buying myself a new personal sleeping bag!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
feels a bit lighter than the old bag but dont know really.....

width wise the same not too sure, but the top looks about the same width as the old bag...

this is the new issue standard bag, my unit has just got them in, but only a small number, i was lucky to get one TBH, it is the new issue though so will be moving through the army with the new uniform pcp or psp which has taken over from mtp... the mtp was canned because it was going to cost too much, it was a better pattern than psp but cost more, the new shirts im not too keen on though, all verlcro, yuk...

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi geys I'm after a new bag mountain warehouse are doing an arctic one its adorn bag rated to 22 degs any one had any experience of these bags regards dave

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Looks good, almost reminded me of the old 58 bag.

What does worry me looking at the new bag is; done up tight against the cold you'd be snug, but a stuck zip would be a nightmare.

Being 5' 5" (that was tall in the 80's) and being issued a large 58 I had plenty of room to wriggle - this was my undoing.

One night on exercise I awoke face down in the bag, disorientated I rolled over and with a stuck zip on the bag (now behind me)... it took five lads to hold me down and cut me out of it - not that I was panicking or anything...

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE