New bushy knife design

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shing

Nomad
Jan 23, 2004
Derbyshire
Here are some photos Cones on BB did for me, I hope you like them. They are a new design I did. Its a variation of the well known bushy knife with a full height grind to help with slicing and fine cutting but with the edge and tip kept quite thick for batoning and drilling. The handle is cocobolo Dymondwood secured with nickel silver Corby rivets. Dymondwood is made of thin layers of real wood compressed and glued under high pressure and is water proof, hard and very durable.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Mmmmmmmmmm verrrrrrrrry nice! - will you be selling blanks? or is it still a developmental prototype?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Nice one Shing :D I have long been a fan of that higher grind. How did the Dymondwood work, compared to real cocobolo?

Hammy, postage for Recorded Signed For anywhere in the UK for is no more than £4.57 (1kg max), it doesn't matter if it is being sent 5 miles or 500. If you wish to discuss Shing's rates for handling and or express further interest in purchasing a knife, can I suggest doing so by PM?

Shing

Nomad
Jan 23, 2004
Derbyshire
Thanks for the interest, The blade is 115mm long, 4mm thick, approx 30mm wide. Its made of O1 tool steel harden to approx Rc 58-60.

Dymondwood is easy to work using ordinary wood working tools, better than natural wood as it dosen't have weaknesses in it like splits or knots but its still feels warm in the hand and finishes really nicely.

I'll be happy to answer any questions if people like to PM me.

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
Yet another attractive and functional knife, Shing. I'd like to discuss options for something like this -sent you a personal e-mail but not sure if you received it.

I'm guessing you're just busy :confused:

Look forward to seeing (and hopefully owning!) more of your work.

Xav

Ohhhh, I feel a row with the wife coming on............"Not another Blooming Knife" Thanks Shing, lol. It's a beauty all right. If you manage to break a knife with a full length grind, then you are not using the right tool for the job. I worked in Butchers for years, and always used full length grinds and never broke a knife, even when prising apart large beef shin bone joints.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE