new boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jonesie

Feb 28, 2004
Farnham
Hello every one, i've just bought a new pair off lowa mountain boots and i think they are great. can any one give me any feed back on this boot, any good tips for looking after them.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I have a couple of tips that work for me:

Replace the insoles with sorbathane insoles ... nice :-D
Give them a liquid Nikwax reproofer treatment occasionally. If they get dirty, use Nikwax Boot Cleaner and reapply reproofer.

Oh, and finally, use them! Lowa make great boots!

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
They are tough, I just hose mine off once a week. :)
The insoles are hard though. I did 15 miles in them today, and boy am I feeling it now.

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
I've had a pair of these since summer 2002 and they're still going strong with loads of tread left. I proof/treat them with nikwax leather wax, usually once a month. hope this helps.

cheers gb

Jonesie

Feb 28, 2004
Farnham
thanks you for your handy tips, i will get my self some nikiwax boot cleaner and leather wax. I bought some lowa reproofer when i bought the boots, do you guys know if the lowa leather cream is any good. I went out for a long walk today to try to help break them in, i must admit they seem to be getting more comfortable. Cheers again guys

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE