new addition to my woodspirit family

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Do the candles, i'll buy one. Some really nice drippy wax would look awesome. I wonder if you could make the mould out of sugru?

i'll take a look on you tube see how its done, maybe i will give it a go. only trouble is they wont be original. same sort of thing with those resin and concrete casts ive seen of woodspirits, very good but not the pukka job. :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
He's absolutely gnarly!

Candles are easy- The biggest problem is you'd have to sacrifice the mould as theres too many returns so it'd need cutting out of it or a good bit of hand finishing. You can buy latex rubber- I think dentist suppliers sell it for impressions or you could just buy a 'mould yer own bits' kit *chortles* then you put a length of wick through the top with a knot in it, put the mould neck upwards and tie off the wick to a suspended chopstick/ similar. Melt candlewax in a bainmarie, pour in, leave to set, chop off the wick at the bottom and it's flame on time! I wonder if any of the producers of candle kits would be interested in producing it... a licenced commercial artist, spreading woodspirits in disguise to take over the world;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now, a wood spirit candle stick is a great idea....lathe turned the top (with a hole from an auger or spade bit) and bottom for stability....bark on wood spirit for the stem.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
nice idea BR, i did do this one though, similar sort of thing?

woodspirits007.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE