new addition to my woodspirit family

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Thanks for that info, that helps me understand the process a whole lot more.
Brilliant pieces, and would love to see them candles appear one day they would be marvelous.
Nice gnarly candles perhaps even with a slight paintbrush finish to give them same character as you did with the dyes.
Yours sincerely Ruud

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
!!! Stunning work! - Really stunning work!!
I must get my dremel back from my ex's...and some decent carving tools!

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Thanks for that info, that helps me understand the process a whole lot more.
Brilliant pieces, and would love to see them candles appear one day they would be marvelous.
Nice gnarly candles perhaps even with a slight paintbrush finish to give them same character as you did with the dyes.
Yours sincerely Ruud

hi ruud,

the candlesticks could be a nice touch i will certainly bear that project in mind. :) there are lots of carvings out there that have been painted afterwards, and they look great. my preference is to see the natural wood even beneath anything i may apply, without losing the identity of what the carving is all about... a woodspirit, otherwise its in danger of becoming a garden gnome! :D

steve

Last edited:

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
With that I agree completely, it has a certain meaning and turning the wood into candles would take away its initial meaning
though it would still be a beautiful addition to anyone's garden.
Yours sincerely Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE