Naked Rambler Lock him up or let him roam free?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This is Scotland, this is the UK.............it's not under Sharia law or under Muslim fashion edicts.
Women 'wear' what they like. That's the bit right there; clothing is worn in this country. Specific situations (that's site dependant) apart, of course :D
In the company of like minded folks, for instance ;) beaches, saunas, etc., not the main road or town centres :rolleyes:

You do realise that it's not the wearing of clothes or not that's the legal issue now ? It's that he persistantly breaks the law.....that's 'our' law, our custom.

The sooner he's home and stays there the better for everybody. Maybe he'll have had enough of his dangly bits being midgied this time around :rolleyes: I'm told that even Fife has midgies this Summer. But then, he wears clothes in the evening when there's no one to see him...........so he's just an exhibitionist who's needing his prioities sorted :sigh:

Tedium ad nauseum.

Toddy

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Taking away the fact that is "illegal" to wander round naked, what is wrong with wanting to be au natural? "public decadency" exists because of the prudish. Children are shown naked images at school from years 4 upward (sex education) so the whole "it's for the children" point is null and void.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
But he doesn't break any law he has been sentenced for, only the perception that a breach of the peace MIGHT happen. Seems very wrong to deprive someone of six years of their life for that. Since people seem so worried about the children reflect on the fact that you let sex offenders out earlier than that sometimes in Scotland.

And I am still waiting to hear what lies he has told.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
People go on about his rights to walk about in the buff, admirable as this may be we need to consider the rights of the rest of society. Most people really don't want to see some person walking about naked, I'd not like my grand children to do so...and thats my right too and we, the masses don't have to justify this feeling; why should we? To appease the 'rights' of one fella? Sod that. So while the majority of people don't want to see it then its tough booby on him, he can't do it. As to being mentally ill, I don't know; as he's aware the likely outcome of his actions and cares not for the views of others I suspect the label of Sociopath could be used, PTSS? I don't know, maybe.

He's just wasting his life, thats the really sad part.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Taking away the fact that is "illegal" to wander round naked, what is wrong with wanting to be au natural? "public decadency" exists because of the prudish. Children are shown naked images at school from years 4 upward (sex education)...

They begin"school" at age 4? Or is it pre-school and kindergarden? Sex ed begins that early? It's is mandatory? Interesting concept; disconcerting, but interesting.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
He lied, he said he'd go straight home and not wander naked again. Now he claims it's his vocation.

Well said, Rik :approve:

I have no issues with nudity, no offence and no worries about children seeing family and friends in such state.
I don't want to stand next to naked strangers in the supermarket though, or trip across them walking along the road when I'm driving, or have some creepy exhibitionist demanding that his foibles should be tolerated in any public place he chooses.

I do take offence at some idiot having been charged with breach of the peace being utterly incorrigable. His mutinous stupidity .............how would you feel it some total stranger took his clothes off on an aeroplane in the seat beside you ??? it's just not acceptable behaviour......... he needs to go home, and stay there, and stop bothering anyone, stop being a burden, because he's not paying any bills, taxes, or contributing to the NI, is he ? He's fit, able and he's a net loss. His Mother's old and infirm, his children are growing up, and this is all he can think to do with himself ?? :rolleyes:

Boring. I'm away to paint the kitchen :)

Toddy

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
They begin"school" at age 4? Or is it pre-school and kindergarden? Sex ed begins that early? It's is mandatory? Interesting concept; disconcerting, but interesting.

Year 4 in the UK is around the 8 year old mark (equiv to 2nd/3rd Grade in the US), not sure about it being mandatory but it's always been done in UK schools. Children begin school at the age of 5 in the UK (earlier if you do nursery/daycare [kindergarten?])

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
I don't think there is an actual law, Eu, UK or Scotland, that bans nudity. If anyone knows of one could they please post chapter and verse so we know exactly where we are please?

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I don't think there is an actual law, Eu, UK or Scotland, that bans nudity. If anyone knows of one could they please post chapter and verse so we know exactly where we are please?

The law/act in question would be the Sexual Offences Act 2003 [Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009], however nudity isn't mentioned but genital exposure is.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Year 4 in the UK is around the 8 year old mark (equiv to 2nd/3rd Grade in the US), not sure about it being mandatory but it's always been done in UK schools. Children begin school at the age of 5 in the UK (earlier if you do nursery/daycare [kindergarten?])

My misunderstanding. I thought the reference (year 4) was for the child's age. I believe 4th grade is more in line with what we do as well (at least elementary health classes)

JamieA

Need to contact Admin...
May 22, 2012
Swansea, South Wales
Spot on Rik, to quote Spock, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Id personally not be happy going and queuing next to this guy in Tesco with my daughter.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
The passenger in the next seat on the aeroplane when he took off his clothes fell asleep, such alarm! He was walking south which is towards home, best you can do for a lie? So if you are fed up with it then your fellow countrymen should let him get into civilised England where he will continue to walk home.

Sadly it seems the only actual breach of the peace happened on his first walk north when he was attacked in St Ives, Cornwall.

Last edited:

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I must admit I can't see what all of the fuss is about. Gough seems to have caused an enormous amount of indignation and anger over such a trivial thing. Is nudity really such a big deal in the UK? I've lived here almost 30 years now and I hadn't realised that it was such an issue to Brits.

In New Zealand there is no law against nudity in public and the only charge likely to be made is disorderly behaviour. Charges like those made against Gough are usually thrown out of court and I don't think we've suffered as a nation for it.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Taking away the fact that is "illegal" to wander round naked, what is wrong with wanting to be au natural? "public decadency" exists because of the prudish. Children are shown naked images at school from years 4 upward (sex education) so the whole "it's for the children" point is null and void.

The law/act in question would be the Sexual Offences Act 2003 [Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009], however nudity isn't mentioned but genital exposure is.

In Scotland, public nudity is not an offence. Causing 'alarm' to the general public is, that it why he has been arrested in the past and why he was arrested yesterday.

He was released in to the 'jurisdiction?" of Tayside Police, now he is in the hands of Fife Constabulary, that leaves Lothian and Borders to work his way through before he reaches the 'safety' of England. If Fife and L&B match Perth's six years in the big house then he'll be on his way home by 2024.

However we may be an independent country before then so we could always expel him. :D

Last edited:

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
In Scotland, public nudity is not an offence. Causing 'alarm' to the general public is, that it why he has been arrested in the past and why he was arrested yesterday.

He was released in to the 'jurisdiction?" of Tayside Police, now he is in the hands of Fife Constabulary, that leaves Lothian and Borders to work his way through before he reaches the 'safety' of England. If Fife and L&B match Perth's six years in the big house then he'll be on his way home by 2024.

However we may be an independent country before then so we could always expel him. :D

Lordy! He'll have spent a lot of his life in Scottish prisons by the time he gets home.

You have to admire the blind persistence though :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The passenger in the next seat on the aeroplane when he took off his clothes fell asleep, such alarm! He was walking south which is towards home, best you can do for a lie? So if you are fed up with it then your fellow countrymen should let him get into civilised England where he will continue to walk home.

Sadly it seems the only actual breach of the peace happened on his first walk north when he was attacked in St Ives, Cornwall.

Bet the poor stewardess' had to have a new bit added into their curriculum though :) and closing his eyes so he didn't have to see it or deal with it was probably the easy way out :rolleyes:

He was released previously on his word that he would remain clothed..........then he changed his mind. That's lying. He said that if he got home, he'd stay there .....he's already been home and then decided that he'd compromised his principles, so came back to have another go at walking the entirety of Scotland while naked. That's lying.

Civilised England..........he's yours, we don't want him, take him away and give folks peace :) As soon as he stops irritating folks in Tayside, then he's got Lothian and Borders, or if he's his usual and decides to be as thrawn as he can, I suppose he could take the long way and go through Strathclyde police's area too :rolleyes:

What a waste of a life :sigh:

M

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
article-2174871-1418619D000005DC-150_634x756.jpg

Is that a Sabre 45, go on my son.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Bet the poor stewardess' had to have a new bit added into their curriculum though :) and closing his eyes so he didn't have to see it or deal with it was probably the easy way out :rolleyes:

He was released previously on his word that he would remain clothed..........then he changed his mind. That's lying. He said that if he got home, he'd stay there .....he's already been home and then decided that he'd compromised his principles, so came back to have another go at walking the entirety of Scotland while naked. That's lying.

Civilised England..........he's yours, we don't want him, take him away and give folks peace :) As soon as he stops irritating folks in Tayside, then he's got Lothian and Borders, or if he's his usual and decides to be as thrawn as he can, I suppose he could take the long way and go through Strathclyde police's area too :rolleyes:

What a waste of a life :sigh:

M

Nobody on the plane reported any problems and a hen party thought it hilarious. The passenger next to him said that he fell asleep, is he lying too? Evidence if you know different?

Could you give a reference for when he promised to wear clothes if released? As he has been arrested when naked on exiting prison at various times that seems a very dubious assertion. If and it is a big if he gave any of these undertakings it would be breaking a promise which is not lying. Lying is to give a false account of something. Was Steve Redgrave lying when he said he would never get in a boat again then did? Of course not, just changed his mind which anybody is entitled to do.

Clutching at straws because you simply cannot accept that the Scottish judiciary has made an bottom of itself.

How is he irritating these various populations and even if he did is that actually a crime? Few lines in a newspaper enough to send the Scots into a frenzy of irritation?

He is trying to leave Scotland on his terms but your police etc just cannot accept it because they have backed themselves into a corner as he has of course.

Yes it is sad in a way that he is so determined.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Incidentally if you were an independent country but still in the EU etc you would probably find it virtually impossible to expel him but since when has reality come into the question of Scottish independence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE