Naked Rambler Lock him up or let him roam free?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
But that means hard work and dedication. Its much easier to bleat about how awful it is from the sidelines.................
And how else would you criticise things in an attempt to change them, such as access legislation, than initially "bleating" about them?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Why ?
Seriously, why should they thole this iijits ill mannered behaviour ? and that's me being polite.
He's a liar, an exhibitionist, and a right royal irritation.

He said he would head home if he were released. .....he doesn't live in Dunfermline, neither does his family so why hang about there ?

Tell you what, since you feel so strongly about it, invite him to your town, and then (if, and it's a huge if) when your neighbours 'don't' complain about his behaviour, can you carp agin us for charging him with breach of the peace, again :rolleyes:

He got less than 30 miles and had folks concerned enough to make complaints about him; he's an iijit.

cheers,
Toddy

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
And how else would you criticise things in an attempt to change them, such as access legislation, than initially "bleating" about them?

I haven't noticed any political activism, just bleating about how terrible the "system" is................

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Arrested again three days after release "following complaints from the public". Strange as if the good people of Dunfermline could tolerate a poet reading at them on a bus they could surely tolerate a bit of nudity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10502103

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jul/20/naked-rambler-arrested-prison

Absolutely fantastic, perhaps now they'll carry out a proper psychiatric evaluation and get the guy the help he needs for his mental health problems.

Just glad he's off the streets and footpaths goodjob

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Looks as though he was heading south, any evidence he was "hanging about" in Dunfermline? According to the RAC route planner he had covered about 27ish miles. Not fast but maybe all you can do if you have been locked up for so long. The weird thing is that people have posted that he should just be ignored and he would go away which is exactly what he wants. Incidentally what has he lied about?

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
And he did walk through Cornwall with no problems so that does answer the question as to why not invite him to our area. He has been there with no trouble.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
I haven't noticed any political activism, just bleating about how terrible the "system" is................
Stupid remark, how would you notice political activism on a forum that prohibits political comment?

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
You know thinking about it I agree with your point Toddy, It just isnt our culture to be dangling in public, may be a visa and air ticket to a country where he can be free is an answer

This hits the nail on the head. A visa and air ticket to a country where he can be free. Point me in that direction too please. This country is supposed to be free as long as your idea of freedom exactly conforms, if not we WILL find jail space for you regardless of the perverts and maniacs our ilustrious judicial service seem to be at pains to be trying their best to keep out of jail.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Please take a moment to look at post 247. I agree with BR's sentiments but having just spotted the signature I think that sentiment sums up this thread nicely.

posted from my pc, fully clothed.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Cornwall population = 535,300, and has an area of 3563 km2

Central Scotland = 70% of the 5.2 million population, about 3,655,400 in an area of 9872 km2

Tell me again that there's no reason he shouldn't wander naked here ? Seven times the population in less than three times the area..........and it's urbanised.

Civilisation has it's roots in the behaviour acceptable of full citizens living in the urbs.
Basically enough of the population don't consider his behaviour acceptable where they live.

cheers,
Toddy

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Simple question then. Should women with bare arms wandering through an area lived in by many Muslims be arrested for a breach of the peace as bare female arms are taken by some to be more provocative than a man being naked? Instance of hostility towards some women doing this so we have here apparent cases of conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace. Or to put it on its head, veiled women offend some, should they be arrested? Or should those offended (found any in the case of the NR?) be told to take it on the chin, grow up and worry about the polar bears?

"Tell me again that there's no reason he shouldn't wander naked here ? " OK, there is no reason he should not wander naked there, incidentally he walked up the rest of England with variable population densities some of which will have more than matched the density of that part of Scotland.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Simple question then.
Should women with bare arms wandering through an area lived in by many Muslimsbe arrested for a breach of the peace as bare female arms are taken by some tobe more provocative than a man being naked?
No, its not against the law.

veiled women offend some, should they be arrested?

No, its not against the law.

Or should those offended (found any in the case of the NR?) be told to take iton the chin, grow up and worry about the polar bears?

Personal choice. Mine it is a retrograde step for female equality - but that IS another thread.

"Tell me again that there's no reason he shouldn't wander naked here ?"

Yes there is as its against the law.

If he, or you don't agree then get/make a groundswell of public opinion and have the law on public nudity changed.

OK, there is no reason he should not wander naked there, incidentally he walkedup the rest of England with variable population densities some of which willhave more than matched the density of that part of Scotland.

My twopenniesworth. He requires medical treatment.

POLL
1. He should be allowed to appear naked in public wherever and whenever he likes:

2. He should not be allowed to appear naked in public wherever and whenever he likes:
X

Add a X next to your choice. One vote only. No other comments - put these inseperate post. Poll ends midnight Sunday. I have added my vote. Paste this partof the thread when you vote. Most X's will decide public opinion allbeit of a small microcosm of bushcrafters.

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Stupid remark, how would you notice political activism on a forum that prohibits political comment?

I'm sure the mods won't mind you posting the political party you've set up as long as you don't prosetylise, or the local council you've stood for or got yourself elected to in order to infiltrate the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE