N.E Scotland 2nd meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Well, I was going to wait till nearer the time, but was going to ask if we are having a group pot, what should we all bring? Still not got the Dutch oven, but can sacrifice one of our cast iron pots as it's never used really.

At the risk of sounding a bit childish...... I REALLY CANT WAIT!!!!

Jan 6, 2011
Aberdeenshire
Evening All, Trust everyone is doing fine. Looking forward to seeing you all, just a couple weeks to go now. Take it easy, see you soon.

CBJ : Fri-Sun
CBJ's sis: Fri- Sun
CBJ' Bro: Fri-?
v-ness Fri- Sun plus Mini- Me's
ScotsSurvival Fri- Sun
Pandabean - Fri - Sun
Doug - Saturday only
KP Fri - Sun (+\- mate)
CharlesLockerbie + Bro. Fri - sun
Calurix - Fri - Sun
P.D.B. Fri., Sat. p.m., Sun. p.m.
Ironside: Sat pm to Sun noon
daveblack : Fri to Sun

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Lol Chance- not sure any of my kit collections will ever be complete!! Always something new to save up for!!

Pity you guys can't make it too though...

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Im childish too, im soo tempted to turn up a day early :)

I cant get the parachute up properly in my garden, but iv added more tie outs and cut the loops you suggested. Left the mesh on tho, will see how it goes when we put it up.

Group pot, Probably going to be a stew? So meat veg and taties? But as Pandabean said, organize closer to the time.

Chance sorry you cant make it. Hopefully catch you at the next one.

Chaz, just had a thought, how did Lawrence have his set up? I seem to remember very long poles. Guess its another way of doing it.

Calurix, I am assuming you are coming down the A96 from Inverness way?

Here is a map from google. I have corrected it where it should be at Haddo, the original route takes you up the fisheries and down a dirt track, although my GPS took me towards that way for some reason.
It is sign posted when you get closer

Haddo House
Ellon, Aberdeenshire AB41 7EQ ‎

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...6038,-2.240782&spn=0.013832,0.045447&t=h&z=15

Zoomed out view...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...7.398364,-2.490463&spn=0.221237,0.727158&z=11

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Aye Pandabean Lawrence had 3 long poles as a tripod, kept them on site.

They would be a waste for me to have them at home tho, i have no way of transporting 4m+ poles.
Collapsible poles would be possible but where to get them? How to make them?

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Would probably mean cutting down three perfectly nice trees, unless your lucky finding standing dead that aint rotten and the right length or trees that have been blown down.

So unless we have a regular site and can leave them for next time, probably not a good idea.

Not neccesarily, in that wood that we went to Im sure there would have been some nice long poles (especially pine) there but then as you say they could be rotten if they have been there for a while.
I was more thinkng out loud about what Lawrence had and maybe alternatives that could be used rather than being restricted to the right kind of tree. But I guess its easier to use whats there. :D

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Weve got a tree sorted to were good this time. i might have looked to changing the setup to more of a semi circle if there was no suitable tree for a full blown canopy. Tho having a similar setup to Lawrence did cross my mind too.

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
Was just having a look, is the fishery the loch where we are camping close to ?. If it is I would like to go fishing (paying) if there is spaces. The info I have found says boat fishing only but if anyone is interested in fly fishing and has no gear I'm more than happy to share my rod (might bring a spare) or to show the basics of fly fishing to anyone who has not tried it.

Regards,
Calurix

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi Folks,

Back from my wanderings yesterday. Hope you are all well.

Kiltedpict: I Know what you mean I cant wait either. Unfortunatley I also get that feeling that I have missed something out (even though I have gone through the details/packing etc so many times) and its worse point is when your in the car and you have jused passed the place where its to late to stop and turn back. Am I the only person who gets that?? lol

Chance: Yeah its a shame you cant make it. But if you get the time just pop in.

, im soo tempted to turn up a day early :)

:Wow: You mean your not already there LOL.

Panda: Thanks mate, I was going to sort directions out for anyone who needed today.

Craig

Last edited:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Thanks mate,

I can now get stuck into what I have to pack/bring ( Including those bloody recipes, Hangs head in shame lol).

Calurix, I dont know anything about the fishing loch sorry mate.

CBJ : Fri-Sun
CBJ's sis: Fri- Sun
CBJ' Bro: Fri-?
v-ness Fri- Sun plus Mini- Me's
ScotsSurvival Fri- Sun
Pandabean - Fri - Sun
Doug - Saturday only
KP Fri - Sun (+\- mate)
CharlesLockerbie + Bro. Fri - sun
Calurix - Fri - Sun
P.D.B. Fri., Sat. p.m., Sun. p.m.
Ironside: Sat pm to Sun noon
daveblack : Fri to Sun

Not long to go :):):)

Craig

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE