Suffolk BCG 4 Night Monthly Meeting Thur 2nd April to Mon 6th April 2015.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Is it worth doing the last of bambi at this one, on say the Friday night?

Thats a Possibility, just got to remember if some want it who are gluten free it will have to be beer free.. also those that did not chip in will have to pay a bit more for the meat.. I have a list somewhere who put in

I am Up for a bit of bambi

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just remembered, we need paraffin for the lamps.

Yep will get some this weekend... :), as next week is a no go for me.... I got two long days on Monday at work then Wednesday off as the Disco is not very well at all... so is going in for Surgery..all day... so will be getting ready for next weekend this weekend... got loads to get packed, as going to be doing loads of things.......

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
well some of the following...

Axe Helve carving
Start my new Kuksa
I got a Tilley for £5, need to service that
I got some net making to do, keep on meaning to do it.
do some friction fire practice - if I can be arsed
May bring some leather work.. the new Group Axe needs a Mask - but thats low on my list
want to do some DO cooking, and try some new reicpies
and a few other smaller bits, try to bring up my skills

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Oh and want to get round to making a Smoker and do some smoked meat... will probably have to use a tarp or bed sheet for the cover as the woods dont have much to cover it with.

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Hi All
Please accept my apologies but I will not be attending this meet now.

Hope to see you all at a future meet.
Regards
Kevin

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
OK Kevin, see you on another one

I would agree with Colin, no group meal this month, as there is only six of us and not much interest shown.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I still got to pack for this weekend, and next week going up to Scarborough and another bag for a night out on the moors

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I would have thought you would have done it your self Stu

Normally would, its the gasket behind the cam belt housing thats gone so the bottom pulley has to come off and the cam housing also has to, that means the water pump, and just about everything on the front of the engine has to come off, two main issues I did not want to get involved in,

1. taking the top two bolts out the water Pump they are prone to break off when they are undone and they go into the Block... so a pain if they do.

2. the bottom Pulley can be a right swine to get off with out a high Torque windy.. only know one I helped with come off with out a Large windy.. we have not got a big windy..lol, plus its hard to do unless you dismantle the rad and everything..

so its having, new oil, new water, new oil, fuel and air filters, valve clearances done, new cam belt (Kit), a new gasket, and more then likely two new bolts for the water pump.... I am looking at a rather large bill....

And all because a 50p gasket has failed.. and its doing about 30 miles to 6 liters of water.. and getting thirstier...lol...

If it was not for those two things I would have done it, its about 6 to 7 hrs work even if everything goes right, and you have not forgot anything.... silly like the new Rocker Cover Gasket as I did a few years ago...

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I got a call from the Garage... I am picking up the Disco at 10am, so hopefully home and loaded up by 11ish then on the way to the Compases for 12:30 :)

See you there guys...

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah Phil has no issue with us using that Hardcore to fill the holes to the entrance of the woods :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE