N.E.S Meet #8 April (Glen Tanar)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I am getting like a kid at Christmas! Can't wait...
I'm going to appear Thurs pm (assuming the car passes its mot) to set up. I'm working Fri morning and not sure when I'll get done (1ish maybe) so will be out by 4.

Doesn't look like my brother will make it is just me- will amend the list... Actually, is there a more up-to-date list?- I'm lost between what said on here and on FB

Last edited:

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
the neaps have never been popular at the meet, but if theres a call for them they wont be hard to organise.

8 tins of Haggis - Andy x2 Nickliv X 2 KiltedPict x2 Chaz x2
Potatoes 2kg - Adze
Gravy granules - Chaz

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Sounds a lot like they're not being done right... soon sort that ;)

8 tins of Haggis - Andy x2 Nickliv X 2 KiltedPict x2 Chaz x2
Potatoes 2kg - Adze
Gravy granules - Chaz
Neeps - Adze

For the second meal of the meet we usually have a stew but after speaking with Craig he has suggested doing a BBQ. If everyone brings something for the BBQ that would be great.

That will include the typical burgers, sausages, veggie option if anyone is a veggie, buns/rolls etc.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
If Pete or Charles still have those grills which go over the fire we could use those rather than a purpose made barbie

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

magpiewolf

Nov 10, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Craig : Thurs- Sun
KP +1: (?Thurs) Fri-Sun
Andy (+1 ?) :- Thurs - Sun
Chaz: Thurs-Sun
Pete: Thurs- Sun
Lawrence: (tbc)
Sean: Friday-Sun
Billy: Fri- Sun (tbc)
Mark: Thur-Sun (tbc)
Alison: Fri-Sun
Scrumpy: Sat-Sun
Susan: Sat-Sun
Jez: (tbc)
Mousey: [tbc]
Elen Sentier [Fri-Sun]
Fiona Dove [Fri-Sun] + 2 whippets (Definitely)

Have we got directions to the site anywhere? I can find Glen Tanar no problem but finding the camp within the estate may be more challenging....

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Magpiewolf, thanks for reminding us of that. Heres some stuff to help you find us.

Please note that kit can be dropped off next to the site but there is not much space to park next to the site. cars will need to be parked on the other side of the river. Its not a proper car park and there was no charge the last time we were there.

http://gridreferencefinder.com/os.php?x=350289&y=796968&lt=57.061060&lg=-2.8212762

campsite B on the map

33m68p5.jpg
the thread for the last meet we had at glen tannar might also be usefull for you, http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84713

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
What time will the gate be unlocked from on Thursday? Adze me and the kids will likely rock up at about lunchtime

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE