N.E Scotland 2nd meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
There are quite a few up your way, im not there but i dont mind travelling. The first meet last year was awesome, and i think this one will be better.

Yup it should be good. Already can see where the hammock will be hanging from the photos. :)
It will be good to see you again Charles, is your brother coming up also?

What did you all do at the last meet for cooking? Just bring your own or was there a joint effort at a group meal with people bringing bits?

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Aye shall be good to see you as well Pandabean, Peter should be coming.

Last time we all cooked for ourselves, but i would be up for a group pot.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Looks like I won't have my Dutch oven in time for the meet as my birthday dosh is going towards a customised double ventile jacket from Hilltrek :) ..... Still up for a group meal though!

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
If we can make it I'd be happy to bring my big Pot for a group meal.
It worked well at the last Comrie meet for Stew and holds enough for about 15- 20 large portions.

Cheers
Ness

Jan 6, 2011
Aberdeenshire
Hi CBJ,

Can I express an interest in joining your meet on 22-24th April at Haddo. I am new to the bushcraftuk setup and haven't been to any meets, however did join the axe workshop that 'Dingus Magee' organised last year, so have met a few of the group.

Thank You

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi Dave your more than welcome mate,

A few of us are going to Haddo for a final look around etc and after that I will put up the meeting times and sort the list out.
If you need any more info give me a PM.

Thanks

Craig

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I can't wait Craig... The site looks great and for me, it been too long in coming! Looking forward to meeting new faces too!

Stuart

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
V-ness your pot would be very welcome ( if you can make it) so many thanks.

Kiltedpict: I know what you mean mate it does seem a while in the waiting now. just have to finalize then were all set :):):).

Our numbers have risen quite a bit for meet number 2 which is good.

Craig

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
It looks good for us coming.
Unless something changes with work we'll be there as long as we can bring the anklebiters.
No babysitter for that weekend. Is that ok with everyone?

I'd be happy to bring the pot and have a group meal :D

We'll need directions a bit closer to the date too.

It will be good to get to another meet and meet some new folks :campfire:

Cheers
Ness :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Can't speak for all, but no probs with kids with me. Only reason my wee one isn't coming is she is only 18 months old and too young to open my beers!!

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
yep same here v-ness I have no problems at all in you bringing your young uns, Ill Pm you nearer the time with directions etc.

Thanks

Craig

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Well my new toy has arrived in time for the meet, So we should have a nice parachute to sit under.

Look forward to meeting you all again, or for the first time.

CBJ you have done a great job organising this again.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Second Charles' thanks to Craig for organising... Looking forward the parachute- it seems a meet is not complete without it!

Jan 6, 2011
Aberdeenshire
Craig,
Very much looking forward to meeting folks and enjoying weekend, thanks for organising this meet. Great scope at Haddo for a varied set of activities and interests.
See everyone in a few weeks.
Dave

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
kiltedpict: no probs mate glad you can make it again.

daveblack:No worries, with the collected knowledge gathered we should all learn a thing or 2 and have fun at the same time. Last time Kiltedpict, Chance,Chaz, Dingus and P.D.B all gave great little lessons in one way or another. Glad your coming along mate.

Thanks

Craig

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE