N.E Scotland 2nd meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hi guys. Have been granted AL from work that weekend and more importantly, permission from SWMBO so can confirm my attendance.

Although not well practiced with it yet, assuming weather forecast ok I could bring a telescope if others would be interested?

Whittling, cordage and story telling all sound good.

Looking forward to it already....

KP

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I'd be interested in bow-making

Atlatls? If we're not fussy, bamboo and duck tape will do for darts.
Because one can be made with little more than a couple of cuts to a stick, it's less frustrating than bowyery when your masterpiece snaps 90% of the way through its hand-crafting.

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Sadly! I'll have to pull out since travelling to USA for a month at that time (have to visit the fiancee). Hopefully after i come back i`ll be doing some bikepaking with new bike build! Hope you all have fun and wish you all the best :p

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hey folks ,

Good to see that there is a lot of interest for this meet. If it is anything like last time it will be great.

I am going down to Haddo in a couple of weeks so I will get some pics and sort out and finalize all the little details.

After having a chat with Dingus, I will be planning to arrange a meet seperatly for a bow making course if there is enough interest and we can get an instructer, As it will take a full 2 days.

Chance: Atlatls sound great mate, always wanted to make one but never got around to it

Warthog: Get well soon mate, hopefully you will get to the next one.

Sanji: Thanks mate. Hope you have a good time out int the states.

KP: great you can make it for the full weekend.

Again folks could you please confirm as soon as you know you can make it.(makes it a bit easier to keep track of things).

Starting to really look forward to this one.

Oh also if anybody needs directions let me know

Craig

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Chance: Atlatls sound great mate, always wanted to make one but never got around to it
Whatever implied permission I had assumed has recently been revoked. Testes!
Perhaps, now that we're building a head of steam, we'll start to meet more regularly and less formally.

CBJ, if I can manage the three cuts that make an atlatl, I know that you'll have it mastered in no time. The only 'trick' involved is to ensure that your dart is whippy enough.

Until you get into weights, at which point a certain amount of magic seems to be required.

DSCF3736.JPG

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi folks just been to Haddo with P.D.B and managed to pick a real nice spot for us to have our camp.

Here are a few pics.

1zpnmeu.jpg

( Pic from the car park at 10 this morning)

2drfddx.jpg

(P.D.B has used this spot when hes teaching so there is a fire area already there.

2ltlsub.jpg

vx7q0.jpg

2mhzqdu.jpg

2gxfar8.jpg

2w2ri40.jpg

14ifkgl.jpg

2mg47s5.jpg

1ev0a9.jpg

126d1zr.jpg

2i907x1.jpg

i3739c.jpg

As I said it is a real nice spot that is fenced off from the path. There is an abundance of material that we can use to build shelters etc and also there is no end of wood for the fire.

Lots of Birch polypore that we can collect, wildlife to spot and if we have clear nights we can do a bit of star spotting etc.

More info to follow....

Pandabean: Yeah mate hopefully Lawrence would be ok to do it but I will have to get in touch and find out ( PM inbound)

Chance: Sorry to hear that mate (PM inbound)

If anybody has any questions or needs any info either send me a PM or post here and I will get back to you ASAP

Thanks

Craig
(trying to fix pics)

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Me too.. Getting a Dutch oven kit (oven, skillet and sandwich toaster thing) from Ronnie Sunshines for my birthday so looking forward to using it.

KP

Feb 7, 2007
aberdeenshire
hi

i may not post a lot but i am a serial lurker:)

will there be room for newbie ? have only been on courses with bv and wild camped with my daughter ( am now abandoned as she has gone to uni ) we practise a lot of bushcraft skills so it would be great to meet up with like minded folk and i should be able to make the whole weekend if welcome

thanks

i have done birch tapping and being resouseful have used a catheter bag to collect it in a great sterile enviroment ( yes it was unused !! the hospital where i worked was throwing them out ..magic )

Last edited:

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi All
I'm still up for this, I can manage the Saturday, but still don't know about the Friday and Sunday. Looking forward to meeting some other bushcrafters, having never been to a 'meet' before !

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Thanks Charleslockerbie ! Ther seem to be a fair number of us in this neck of the woods, it will be good to meet up and share some skills.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE