Allo Allo 135.jpg
006.jpg
Allo Allo 086.jpg as well as playing one of the smaller roles....Leclerc

Last edited:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
There are only the two of us - we each have our own bedroom (her snoring meant that I had to drive her out of the marital bed - she can still wake me through the wall!) and the dining-room, kitchen and living room are mainly hers, most of the garden is hers (though the hedge and canoe racks are mine, the back yard is all hers and the bathroom is a 50/50 split but she has sole ownership of the garden shed. The loft is mainly a costume store for theatrical stuff for the Attic Player ... which we both belong to!

Sounds pretty even to me. There you go. Your hobbies are not taking up too much space.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Sounds to me like your wife takes up too much useable space that could be used for bushy stuff.

I will leave it to you to tell her, on the grounds that I'm a coward.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sounds to me like your wife takes up too much useable space that could be used for bushy stuff.

I will leave it to you to tell her, on the grounds that I'm a coward.

Nah - she is worth it for the cooking and cleaning...
It is a good thing she never looks at this site!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I used to keep stuff everywhere in the house. Girlfriend moved in and my clutter got relegated to two boxes and floor space in a cupboard. Now the bairn has his stuff where mine used to be. Took about 6 estate car bootfuls. To the tip and a few sneaky ones to my parents 2 miles away. Even my clothes are limited to 2 drawers and less than half a wardrobe. If I hadn't put up hooks in the porch my outdoor jackets, fleeces, softshells, down/synth layers and waterproofs would have been decimated!

So basically I say to you John, defend your area with your life! Give in an inch and you're done for. You'll never get it back, the voice of experience!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
"If a untidy desk is a sign of an untidy mind, what is an empty desk?" - Generally attributed to Einstien.

My flat has been described by a friend as a "swirling vortex of entropy", due to the vast array of stuff that litters it. I don't think you have too much stuff (tho feel free to donate it all to me :p). How much space does the Wife have for her hobbies?

Julia

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
"If a untidy desk is a sign of an untidy mind, what is an empty desk?" - Generally attributed to Einstien.

My flat has been described by a friend as a "swirling vortex of entropy", due to the vast array of stuff that litters it. I don't think you have too much stuff (tho feel free to donate it all to me :p). How much space does the Wife have for her hobbies?

Julia

She has the garden for her gardening, the kitchen for her jam making and the major part of the livingroom for her knitting/ crosswords/suduco. She is allowed the use of the confuser for the accountancy bits she does for both the theatre and the church...

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
We've just moved, so everyone now has their own room - Including me! - although the boys are still wanting to sleep in the same room, but when they get a bit older they will want their own space. The missus has a the larger room for all her craft stuff which does take up quite alot of space, I've got a room at the other end of the house [both horizontally and vertically] I'm thinking of a hammock stand so I can snooze in peace :)

We both occupy space in the living room and kitchen. I occupy more space in the garden, unless I count the trees, shrubs, rotary dryer and ducks as hers, I'm wanting to get another shed to go and do manly things in without having to hoover after I've fininshed. The utility and back porch have animal food/ stuff in and most of the tools.

All in all pretty even until you look at the ammount of carp the kids have got....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
See when they grow up and move out ? they don't take all their stuff with them either :rolleyes:
A good third of our loft is full of the boys stuff. From Action Men big things like helicopters and boats, to piles of books. From sets of meccano to Robotix, it's all neatly bagged and stashed away up there. Computers, monitors....it's a snapshot of history up there :)

M

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Nail on the head.my mum still hoards everything from when me n my brother n sisters were kids.i do love it though when my little boy comes home after a night with them n he's always got some toy with him that used too be mine when I was his age.as for their garage well! It's my garage really ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Yep I've still got stuff at my folks, and they live just outside london I moved out 15 odd year ago....

The guy that moved out from this new house left most of his [and his family's] stuff - books, accounting stuff! childrens pictures, school books. He was/ is a musician and left a full drum set, 2 kids/ play drum sets, a proper organ, 4 full size elecronic keyboards [KORG and Roland!] 1 bass, 3 electric guitars more accoustic guitars than I can count on two hands, bongos, banjoes, ukulele, didgeridoo and harmonicas. Along with most of his furniture. It took us 3 days to clear enough space to start bringing our stuff in!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
See when they grow up and move out ? they don't take all their stuff with them either :rolleyes:

When I bought my own flat, my dad turned up on the first day with all my stuff from his loft, dumped it in the middle of my new bedroom, then moaned that my flat was a mess already and I hadn't even moved my stuff in yet...

She has the garden for her gardening, the kitchen for her jam making and the major part of the livingroom for her knitting/ crosswords/suduco. She is allowed the use of the confuser for the accountancy bits she does for both the theatre and the church...

Seems like a fair portioning of space between you.

I still think the only obvious solution here is for you to donate all your bushcraft stuff to me, in the interests of marital bliss of course. :p

In some respects I am fortunate enough that I don't have a girlfriend currently, so don't have to worry about sharing my space. I have a housemate, but he seems relatively tolerant of when I fill the kitchen with beer bottles, or the lounge full of fermenting vessels...

Julia

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just think how much you could make by Ebaying it, and then you would have lots more space for your bushcrafting stuff.

That's some catch that catch 22!:eek:

Catch-22-cover.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE